Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Coming to Limerick

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

You seem a big fan so I'm sorry for any offence caused.

no offence taken at all KD ...... :)

they do seem to go thru a heck of a lot of staff ... :( which is a pity .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

hobie wrote:
    no offence taken at all KD ...... :)

they do seem to go thru a heck of a lot of staff ... :( which is a pity .....

Big time, when I worked there about three or four people would leave and be replaced every month, I've seen a few guys walk out after a few hours :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

Two remarks:
    LIDL's reputation in Germany is kind of bad becaue they are one of the worst employers in overthere. Obviously here as well. Wasn't there a few month ago an article in the LIM POST about it? There is a big fight ongoing with the trade-union and the union has a "Black Book" on sale about the methods in this company. Normally I'd say I go to boycott them because of their methods but what's the choice here? St. Eddi H. may help! I think that's why the people are so excited about LIDL and ALDI

But anyway - the stuff, branded as LIDL or ALDI are actually well known brands which produced just a certain amount of their products under the discounter labels. For Germany there is a page for ALDI to see who is the manufacturer of the brands: http://www.wer-zu-wem.de/thema/Handelsmarken.html (if you don't speak german it's a bit useless though:D ) Well known, reputated brands in Germany liek Nestle (Milk and chocolate), Zewa (toilet paper, kitchen paper), Zott (jam, yoghurt) or Henkel (washing powder and cleaning stuff).

And btw: there is like a cult around ALDI in Germany: they call the shops "Temple" and the staff "Highpriests"... :D

IB

Advertisement