Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21k to invest - advice appreciated

Options
  • 28-12-2005 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Lads & Lassies

re: rainey day fund....

We have 20k+ saved upa over the last few years in a savings acc and
    lately we're thinking of invesring it some where to give us a quick return.

its a eur20/wk job, expendable money for a rainey day, but now that its such an amout, were looking for a high ret in a short period, but with limitd high risk att.....

any advice out there.....
    :confused:
    sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Put it into a savings account with Irish Nationwide. You might qualify for 10/12k payout when they demutualise next year. you'd want to be quick though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shep Smythe

Dampsquid wrote:
    Put it into a savings account with Irish Nationwide. You might qualify for 10/12k payout when they demutualise next year. you'd want to be quick though.

How quick would you need to be?

What's demutualisation?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

YAPP wrote:
    were looking for a high ret in a short period, but with limitd high risk att.....

Not possible IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Dampsquid wrote:

Is this definitely happening and when do you reckon is the cut off point? What is the minimum you need in your account to qualify for shares and how long must your account be open for in order to qualify to you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

cormie wrote:
    Is this definitely happening and when do you reckon is the cut off point? What is the minimum you need in your account to qualify for shares and how long must your account be open for in order to qualify to you know?

Yea i'm really interested to hear more too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

For more info on Irish Nationwide, this thread on Askaboutmoney may be of interest/use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

CCOVICH wrote:
    For more info on Irish Nationwide, this thread on Askaboutmoney may be of interest/use.

Too late from the night before to read all that ;)

Could anyone tell me in laymans language - if I put 10K into it Tuesday will I get a return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

IvaBigWun wrote:
    Too late from the night before to read all that ;)

Could anyone tell me in laymans language - if I put 10K into it Tuesday will I get a return?
    In all fairness, for a 10k investment, you really need to spend the 5-10 minutes it will take to understand the issues. It's not a black & white issue - read the thread (which is really in laymans language already), then make your decision. Please don't make 10k investments based on posts on any bulletin board.

To get back to the original poster, you won't get a high return over a short period without taking on high risk. When are you going to need this money? What's your overall financial position - mortgage? property? pension? income?

Advertisement