Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed come Workshop where and how much ???

Options
  • 28-12-2005 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Im planning on moving my computer work-area from the spare bedroom to a shed which will be used as a work shop so im looking for something with a fair bit of room and something that can be kept warm easly and something thats not full of dam or condensation due to the amount of motherboards and cards and so on ...

I will have about 3000 euro to play around with ..and due to the amount of high end stuff which will be inside the shed, ill like it to be fairly secure ..i live in a mid terecce house so getting it into the back yard can be tricky ..ill like something around 10 foot wide and around 12 to 14 foot long ..i plan to run the power and water through a wavin pipe buried about a foot down under the grass coming from the house "a garden hose and a extension lead "
    i dont know weather to get a bricklayer to build one or get one of the premade ones i seen at the ideal homes expo ...

Any help would be great has anybody just had one of these done or what to watch out for... The pros and cons and so on ..i plan to spend alot of time in this "shed" as it will mainly be used for modding computers and so on ...and if i dont clear out the back bed room my wife will have me living in the back shed or no shed LOL..Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

€3000 won't get you very far, you could however buy you bog standard garden shed (make sure you don't build over any pipes) and insulate the hell out of it.

However, I wouldn't consider it waterproof enough to keep a computer(s) in.

Is the real problem that you occupy the whole room or that you ignore her / teh rest of the house?

Advertisement