Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats happening with the forum?

Options
  • 28-12-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

i keep hearing rumors that the forum is closing down. just wondering if there is any truth to these rumors? and if so what is actually happening???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I for one have noticed that the Waterford City Forum has been a bit quite as of late :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

are you referring to the venue in the glen or this online forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i think its obvious what Forum he/she is on about. i'd like to know whats happening too if anyone knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

im sure theyll tear it down and turn it into apartments. its in the wrong end of the town anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

its a c00thole and all my age (25+) would want to grow up and stop going to the kip. A load of them peter pans got done a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

downstairs in the forum will be closing in about 3 months time but upstairs will remain open as a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

kano476 wrote:
    im sure theyll tear it down and turn it into apartments. its in the wrong end of the town anyway

I, for one, am against *everything* being centred around the Junction, or Tweedy Town, as I like to call it.

God be with the days when we had The Roxy on O'Connell St. and Flow Motion over Egans as well as the Forum: all of them at the other end of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Downstairs is going to be a restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

merlante wrote:
    God be with the days when we had The Roxy on O'Connell St.

happier times, happier times

Mossy Monk wrote:

And the K Recipe nearby. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

pcwares wrote:
    its a c00thole and all my age (25+) would want to grow up and stop going to the kip. A load of them peter pans got done a few weeks ago for coke.

fkin geebags and then ringing me complaining about it. I wonder did luke and the rest of them toerags get pulled - im sure not.

Can I ask are you referring to me, Banus?

The main room of the venue is closing before the summer and being turned into a restaraunt. Upstairs is being extended into the theatre (which is nearly finished) to make Stage 2 double in capacity. The bar is being extended & turned into another little venue off Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Mossy Monk wrote:

I'm from Cork (moved here nearly 11 years ago) but I loved the Roxy on Sat night, great music and ah ah beer (can't remember the taste but hey they sold pint bottles of Carling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

merlante wrote:
    And the K Recipe nearby. :)
    I am surprised that the KFC people don't go after them!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lawnkiller wrote:
    are you referring to the venue in the glen or this online forum?

Now your being smart for the sake of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Luke, is Shakedown moving to the Bowery so?

Bond-007 wrote:
    I am surprised that the KFC people don't go after them!

Small fish, I'm sure, but yeah. :)

No luke im referring to luke skywalker.

What ever went on there that weekend was a disgrace -> firstly because that behaviour was rampant there for many a moon before this swoop and secondly because the a few of the people who got done should have known better at this stage. It just really pissed me off to hear about it especially since one on the receiving end was an olde timer like myself and good friend. Gobsh*te. After getting through the roxy and metroland years to end up getting done in the twilight of his hedonistic youth is both the clubs fault and his (their own). Where's the responsibility of the club regards their patrons. Bouncers regularly check the bogs i take it? Not likely. To put the threat about that the club will not tolerate it. Regarding yourself skywalker, you're just too much of a cute hore to get involved in that kind of skullduggery.

pcwares

Fajitas! wrote:
    Luke, is Shakedown moving to the Bowery so?

No Stage 2 will still be there...

pcwares wrote:
    No luke im referring to luke skywalker.

What ever went on there that weekend was a disgrace -> firstly because that behaviour was rampant there for many a moon before this swoop and secondly because the a few of the people who got done should have known better at this stage. It just really pissed me off to hear about it especially since one on the receiving end was an olde timer like myself and good friend. Gobsh*te. After getting through the roxy and metroland years to end up getting done in the twilight of his hedonistic youth is both the clubs fault and his (their own). Where's the responsibility of the club regards their patrons. Bouncers regularly check the bogs i take it? Not likely. To put the threat about that the club will not tolerate it. Regarding yourself skywalker, you're just too much of a cute hore to get involved in that kind of skullduggery.

pcwares

Banus, there's so much there I can't coment on simply because I wasn't there. I presume your talking about the Tony Vegas gig if we're talking about the same people here. In your post above your blaming the venue / the bouncers / the people who got caught. A swoop? Did a swat team come down the front of the building or something? From what I can tell your mates got busted for something a bit stupid on their part. Its not the first. The Forum have a very pro-active policy when it comes to that and have done for years (btw, when was the last time you were there? 3 or 4 years ago?).

• Advertisement

I'd say its probably about 2 and half years since i was there in fairness. Firstly none of the motley bunch are friends of mine. Just one who should know better. I'm not sure what gig it was Luke. At the time (obviously its changed of late) i thought the policy with regards to that kind of behaviour in the club was lax or not enforced as it should. Will that event effect the licencing review?

happy new year

Banus

pcwares wrote:
    I'd say its probably about 2 and half years since i was there in fairness. Firstly none of the motley bunch are friends of mine. Just one who should know better. I'm not sure what gig it was Luke. At the time (obviously its changed of late) i thought the policy with regards to that kind of behaviour in the club was lax or not enforced as it should. Will that event effect the licencing review?

happy new year

Banus

No the policy was never lax in there. The place has the most pro-active policy towards that kind of behaviour - thats plain to see. Your making this sound like a really major event which it wasn't. I don't see how that would affect any licensing review. If you ever look outside the Forum after any night there's never any trouble, downtown on the other hand I have wittnessed some disgusting behaviour and its clearly not a safe place to be at that time of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

No the policy was never lax in there. The place has the most pro-active policy towards that kind of behaviour - thats plain to see. Your making this sound like a really major event which it wasn't. I don't see how that would affect any licensing review. If you ever look outside the Forum after any night there's never any trouble, downtown on the other hand I have wittnessed some disgusting behaviour and its clearly not a safe place to be at that time of night.

couldn't agree more. I have never seen any trouble inside or outside the forum, clubs downtown are another story....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Roen1

apart from the large bottle of stout that impacted on the wall a few inches above my head after being flung from the bar I haven't seen too much trouble in there. I have seen a bit outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BEEMER

Anyone know if 'Billy' & 'Mull' (pool) still drink there..? Longshot, I know and apologies if it's not appropriate!

Advertisement