Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW golf alloys,are these a good price?? (added pics)

Options
  • 28-12-2005 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Im looking to buy some, ive been offered a set, Montreal Style 2 for 600euro, is that a good price?? I cant find any info about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Are the tyres brand new? €600 seems like a rip-off to me when you can get a full set of alloys and tyres on ebay for around the €750 mark or €1000 in the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

They're the wheels off a MkIV GTI, they should be 16 inch. I don't know market value for wheels, but are they damaged in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You should ask on www.vage.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

apeking wrote:
    Im looking to buy some, ive been offered a set, Montreal Style 2 for 600euro, is that a good price?? I cant find any info about them

Sounds a bit pricey to be honest, I would expect to be paying under €500 for the lot.

They look like original MkIV Golf GTi alloys, what condition are the tyres in?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Havent seen the alloys myself, owner says they are in perfect condition and tyres are brand new.

I agreed 600 was to much, he said there worth 1200 in VW dealers brand new but no garages are open to check this.

He has agreed to sell them for 500 though, i'm still not sure though. He says that he checked all tyres and there "honestly close to perfect"

Thanks for replies btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they'd probably suit a mk4 better than aftermarket stuff, i'd go for €500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

give him 400 or walk away, there were plenty of sets of these wheels sold - they were indeed for the mkiv GTi but I've seen many a 1.4 fitted with them. The dealers sell them as an extra, so there not that hard to come by :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I sold a set with tyres for 700 quid in 2003 and they were only a few months old off a brand new GTI...

If you want more advice have a look at www.vagdrivers.net

Advertisement