Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taverners league?

• 28-12-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

can someone explain this to me, i played cricket when i was younger, so would be possible for a virtual novice to to this?

if so, where do i find out about it?

thanks in advance for any info lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

This is by far and away the best way to get someone into cricket. Supreme fun. Everyone bats everyone bowls, not out first ball (not out without scoring in some matches), no lbw, balmy summer evenings, leaving your pint on the boundary for a surreptious sip between overs. I sometimes wonder why this hasn't caught on more

Seriously, even if you find you are like most of us absolutely crap at the game, this is marvellous fun.

Most clubs would have a taverners side associated with them if not actually part of the club. :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ill take it its only a summer thing, or would they start training in the winter?

im living in tallaght, so cym terenure or leinster, id rather leinster, i played for them before

ooh, im all excited now, :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

I've never heard of a Taverners team practicing in winter except possibly their drinking.
    CYM and Lenister both have great facilities and not just for Cricket. The walls around both of them make them seem a bit like prison yards, CYM in particular:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Chris

Also a Tallaght man and picked up a Bat for the first time in 2004, we set up our own Taverners Team (Bells Academy) and altough there is no (that I am aware) Taverners League we played about 12 friendlies last Summer, We trained during the winter of 2004/2005 in North County CC indoor facility and had a little bit of coaching. We won a few of our matches and were competitive in all, I realised early in the summer on a balmy evening in May that I had wasted the previous 32 years of my life not playing cricket and am looking forward to another season of taverners and our team making its debut in the Leinster Minor Cup against Sandyford in July. We are going to go training in Belvedere indoors facility in the next few weeks with Civil Service iv's and am sure you would be very welcome to join us.

PM me if you want any more details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

you`ve got mail keeper

• Advertisement
Advertisement