Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards doesn't Remember password and login.

Options
  • 28-12-2005 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Every time I log in with Fire Fox, It never offers to remember my username and password it is really strange as most websites offer to remember with the exception of Yahoo Mail, When I check the remember me box it will remember me throughout my internet session and when i go on again providing i don't clear the cache or cookie and history. I Recently upgraded to Firefox version 1.07 and it made no difference.

Any solution? Because Boards coupled to Firefox is a match made in heaven!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You (or someone else using your profile) has probably already said to Never Remember. There is nothing Boards can do about it, its something Firefox handles internally when sending data from a form connection for the first time.
    I Recently upgraded to Firefox version 1.07
    You realise Firefox is up to 1.5 now, right? When upgrading, delete your profile folder. This should solve the problem and it will ask when you try again the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Boards doesn't remember you when you log in from the front page. To log in permanently, click on a thread on the front page, any thread, then log in from the new page. The login form will be in the top-right and there will be a check-box saying "Remember me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Stark wrote:
    Boards doesn't remember you when you log in from the front page. To log in permanently, click on a thread on the front page, any thread, then log in from the new page. The login form will be in the top-right and there will be a check-box saying "Remember me?"
    nail. head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I'm Upgraded to firefox 1.5 now and I tried logging in and no use! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stark, that suggestion helped me but I have the same thing as netwhizkid. It's not the cookie saving problem it's the fact that Firefox doesn't give its usual dropdown that says [paraphrasing] "it looks like you have entered a username/password - do you want Firefox to remember this in the preferences?". Even though in the preferences I have checked 'remember passwords'. Just started happening to me when I simultaneously upgraded to Mac OSX.4 & FF 1.5 so I can't tell what is at fault.

Quite annoying but at least now my cookies are saved thanks to that Stark.

(Is this a boards thing? If not I'll move it to a different forum)

• Advertisement

Hmm, interesting link with the Javascript code but it didn't work. Thanks anyway Stark, you should really be unbanned, you can be quite helpful..

I think it doesn't work because the login seems to be a javascript send thing as opposed to 'autocomplete=off'.

Strange, it worked from me. I tried it from the front page and afterwards my password was filled it for me (after I logged out and went back to the front page, and after trying other pages).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Stark wrote:
    Ah ok.

This should solve your problem :

http://pchere.blogspot.com/2005/04/s...swords-in.html

Excellent thanks stark, I second the opinion that you should be unbanned.
    Gordon wrote:
    Hmm, interesting link with the Javascript code but it didn't work. Thanks anyway Stark, you should really be unbanned, you can be quite helpful..

I think it doesn't work because the login seems to be a javascript send thing as opposed to 'autocomplete=off'.

I does work gordon, Perhaps did you bookmark the whole page? You should only bookmark whichever "bookmarklet" you intend to use.

Go here and right click on "Remember Password" and bookmark it. Then the next time you want to log in to boards or yahoo mail hotmail or any other web page that won't allow you to remember your username and password, First enter your username and password then just click the bookmark as you saved it (Don't worry it won't open a new window or tab) I will open a new box and then click OK and it will have removed whatever was blocking FireFox from saving your password and username. Then FireFox will offer to remember your details for you. It is as simple as that and I reckon it will save about an hour a month, Imagine half a day of my life saved every year as a result of this little thing!

Perhaps this should be stickied for other users caught between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks, I was never actually banned though, was just messing around with the custom user titles. Anyway Hobbes is the original "banned but helpful" dude around these blocks ;)

• Advertisement

What, you're not banned now? I'll need to change that..

It's working now, nothing to do with me not actually bookmarking the javascript link but the main page to the link index. *ahem*

Thanks again!

I'll sticky this, or merge/sticky this to Feedback and/or Newbie/FAQ when I know what to do with it, but is it just netwhizkid and I that had this problem? I would have thought that many more people would be in the same boat as FFox is so popular now.

Advertisement