Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a larger base for Wall Bracket?

• 28-12-2005 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to ask this but people may have had similar experiences!

Girlfriend got me a new 20" TV for Christmas (well.. actually we got a smashed to pieces TV first but got it replaced). Had a 15" (approx as i'm not sure) and i installed a wall bracket for it a year or two back.

The problem now is the wall bracket is definantly sturdy enough to support it's weight for it as it's well attached to the outside wall.

But the base (where the TV sits) needs to be larger to accomodate the (approx) 45cm (width) X 42cm (depth) dimensions of the new TV. But i really don't want to take out the old bracket and install a brand new bracket into the wall.

So to summarise my ramblings: has anyone had any experience in buying just a replacement larger base instead of the full bracket? Would be so much easier for me!

PS - if it helps.. i think the wall bracket is Unilok.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

depends really, id say youd have to get the same brand of bracket with the bigger base, because as i know some brackets have a bubble to allow the front to tilt forwards, once thats done its a matter of taking the bolt off and adding the new base.

Aslong as the bracket arm and plate is really secure into the wall (try hanging from it) it should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sparky-s wrote:
    Aslong as the bracket arm and plate is really secure into the wall (try hanging from it) it should be ok.
    I've had it up on it already but didn't trust how unsturdy the base was with it. If you tilt the back of it slightly forward, it really does seem quite unstable and it's a good distance to fall so it'd always be on my mind.

I have the base taken off so i'll ask around in a couple of stores in town. Those Uni-lok brackets aren't that cheap - €40 (at least) so was hoping i could get a replacement larger base for somewhat cheaper.

Advertisement