Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Problem

Options
  • 28-12-2005 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I have a Roler Alarm Km10 i think....Anyway the Sound doesnt work on the Alarm head itself... The Cent Locking, Auto Windows etc but no Noise when i Arm or Disarm the alarm or when it goes off.....Question is would it be possible to buy a replacement head rather than buying a whole new alarm etc or is there any other way around it... Its a Bmw e36 btw....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sure its just not the siren?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah thats what i ment just didnt make it clear....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I had the exact same problem before.
    First of all, locate the siren on the car... Chances are not many people will tell you as it could be a security risk though.
    Then get thee to a scrap yard and buy yourself a siren. Replace. Job done.

You could probably use any generic siren, not 100% certain if it would work though. Siren cost me a tenner at a scrappy

Oh so i dont actually need to replace the Alarm in the Engine Bay just the Siren?Are they Default size?

Emmmm just had a closer look at the alarm, the Siren is actually build into the Alarm....Would it be possible to just to Disconnect the Siren in the Alarm and hook it up to a Externel one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

I have a Roler Alarm Km10 i think....Anyway the Sound doesnt work on the Alarm head itself... The Cent Locking, Auto Windows etc but no Noise when i Arm or Disarm the alarm or when it goes off.....Question is would it be possible to buy a replacement head rather than buying a whole new alarm etc or is there any other way around it... Its a Bmw e36 btw....

You should have told the builder the hole destroyed your alarm also!!!

I should of told him alot of things. No but its kinda annoying have a Silent alarm, I no its the latest tech and all....

Advertisement