Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface 99 router offer...

• 28-12-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭

I've NTL and use a wireless router with it. So I'm assuming theres no point in me getting this offer is there? Looking at the site it looks like the Pap2 ATA allows me to use normal phones, and I can fix a price plan seperately. I think the IRL/UK unlimted is the best match to my existing UTV talktime.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I've NTL and use a wireless router with it. So I'm assuming theres no point in me getting this offer is there?
    Not if you're using the wireless.
    Looking at the site it looks like the Pap2 ATA allows me to use normal phones, and I can fix a price plan seperately.
    It would, or the WRT54GP2 in one unit with QOS would do too. A lot of people use dect phones so that they can have more than one.
    I justified the extra cost by saving the line rental.:D
    I think the IRL/UK unlimted is the best match to my existing UTV talktime.
    Depends how much you chat. I use the freedom Basic with 300 mins. Anyway, you can change I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You could put the ATA behing your wireless router or vice versa. The offer is good value and worth looking at. Definitely worth changing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Yeah I use the wireless for my laptop. While I do have another PC thats wired to the wireless router I'd prefer for other people in the house not to need the PC on to use the phone. Hence I want an ATA. I already have a few dect phones how does this help me? (other than I don't have to buy them aswell) The WRT54GP2 would reduce the cable clutter but it adds quite a bit to the overall cost. I think I would take a bit hit on selling my current router. So the 99 offer looks like it would be cheaper overall, and it looks like the netgear router/ata will work with my netgear wireless router (614) Once the 614 is behind the ATA.

I'd just have to add UK calls to the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I already have a few dect phones how does this help me? (other than I don't have to buy them aswell)
    Well, rather than using a fixed lined plugged in beside the PC in the box room..., you plug in the base station and can other handsets where it's more convenient.

amby666 wrote:
    Well, rather than using a fixed lined plugged in beside the PC in the box room..., you plug in the base station and can other handsets where it's more convenient.

Ok. Kinda thought that was obvious, but I guess if you don't have a Dect phone already it wouldn't be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Blueface support are probably the best I have come across. You could mail them and tell them what you want to do and ask what the best setup is.

I've done that, but sales are probably not back till the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You can always sell your existing router on eBay.

Blaster99 wrote:
    You can always sell your existing router on eBay.

Maybe I'd say I'd be lucky to get 40% of its value and its only a year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Yeah I use the wireless for my laptop. While I do have another PC thats wired to the wireless router I'd prefer for other people in the house not to need the PC on to use the phone. Hence I want an ATA. I already have a few dect phones how does this help me? (other than I don't have to buy them aswell) The WRT54GP2 would reduce the cable clutter but it adds quite a bit to the overall cost. I think I would take a bit hit on selling my current router. So the 99 offer looks like it would be cheaper overall, and it looks like the netgear router/ata will work with my netgear wireless router (614) Once the 614 is behind the ATA.

I'd just have to add UK calls to the package.

I have the same setup and it's working perfectly.:)

• Advertisement

Freddie59 wrote:
    I have the same setup and it's working perfectly.:)

Thanks for that info.

Advertisement