Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James D Meldon, Solicitor / Landlord

Options
  • 28-12-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I am currently researching for a project in college. I have across James D Meldon's name quite often in my research as the landlord to various estates but I do not know anything about him. He bought estates in North Galway / South Mayo in the 1850's(Under the encumbered estates act) and seemed to be an absentee landlord.

Can anyone tell me anything about him? Any info. on him would be beneficial to my research.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hera

I read your message looking for information about James D Meldon ... it may be too late for you, but ... he was my great-great-great-grandfather!!!
    Please feel free to contact me for further information ::::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

I read your message looking for information about James D Meldon ... it may be too late for you, but ... he was my great-great-great-grandfather!!!

pm'ed you

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

What a very fortunate opportunity.

Well done to you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

What a very fortunate opportunity.

Well done to you both.

Aah, yes, the boards are full of happy endings:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

hera wrote:

Wow what a small world :)

Was also going to recommend Mark Bence Jones "A Guide To Irish Country Houses" as it is the encyclopedia on Irish estates, if thats what your researching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement