Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on LRRAI Competition

Options
  • 28-12-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Information on LRRAI Competition

Would anybody have any information on the shoot run by the LRRAA
    There was something posted on the http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRiflePistolClub website but now it seem to be deleted. (“This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.”) and there is noting about on they website.
    The notice said that is was being held in Mallow Rifle and Pistol Club.
    Would anyone know if it still going ahead or who to contact about entries

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

HI YA
    I read it also i think it is a 3 p comp to be shot at 100 or 200 YRDS but not 100% sure on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Saw that 1911, but didn't have time to copy it to here. Nothing on the LRRAI website either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 b52

Hi Everone .i Am New To This Both Boards And Shooting. But Could Someone Give Me Some Info. On Mallow Rifle And Pistol Club As I Live In The South.what Is ''3p'' Shooting.

Not sure about Mallow b52, but "3P" is short for "Three Position" shooting, meaning shooting from standing, kneeling and prone positions. In ISSF, it looks like this:

normal_AlanRhonaStanding2.jpg

normal_RhonaKneeling.jpg

normal_RhonaBarry_AlanLewis_Prone.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 b52

Thank's Sparks
    what caliber would be used in ''3p" shooting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

Sparks is depicting 50m shooting - done with .22LR. ISSF is also done at 300m - calibre anything up to 8mm but 6mmBR is state of the art. Very unlikely the shoot at Mallow would be ISSF.

Yup, the photos were with ISSF .22lr calibre. But 3P shooting is done with all calibres and classes from air rifle (3P air rifle is huge in the states and broken down into sporter and precision classes - sporter would be your ordinary daisy or similar break-barrell air rifles and precision would be full ISSF gear) right through ISSF (where 3P shooting is the marathon event, taking several hours to complete with 120 shots in total for the men and 60 for the women - 3x40 or 3x20 it's generally referred to as) though to other disciplines like fullbore shooting and black powder shooting and so on. Sorry if that wasn't clear - I just didn't have photos of other disciplines shooting 3P matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Does anyone know if it is true that the LRRA have disbanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 disco kid

HI ALL
    IT would probably be in the digest if they were.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ogam

boudica wrote:
    Does anyone know if it is true that the LRRA have disbanded.[/QUOTE
    They have not disbanded - wonder where you might have heard that rumour?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 1911

ogam wrote:
    They have not disbanded:rolleyes:
    Great news
    Is the comp still going head in Mallow Rifle and Pistol Club.
    Who can I contact about entries?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

Comp is going ahead this Sat @10:00 @ Mallow Rifle and pistol club.
    I have just become a member, and am going along as well.
    Course of fire according to Pat Hayes (Country lifestyle Mallow) owner and Prop. of Range:
    3 shots @ 100 Benchrest, (not sure if it is yds or mts)
    5 Shots @ 100 Kneeling
    5 shots @ 200 prone
    I am not sure who is actually holding the comp.
    Pat is the man to talk to 022 20121.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hillybilly

I thought LRRAI stood for Long Range Rifle Association Ireland. To me long range shooting is further than 200 yards.

Advertisement