Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves become first English club to score 7000 goals!

• 28-12-2005 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I've been waiting for this one for a few weeks longer than expected but tonights 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday saw Wolverhampton Wanderers become the first club to hit 7000 goals in the league since its inception.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

mike65 wrote:
    I've been waiting for this one for a few weeks longer than expected but tonights 2-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday saw Wolverhampton Wanderers become the first club to hit 7000 goals in the league since its inception.

Mike.

Who got the 7000th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

We want to full list of clubs totals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It was either Darren Anderton or Kenny Miller not sure of the order of scoring.

edit. Sicknote got it.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    It was either Darren Anderton or Kenny Miller not sure of the order of scoring.

edit. Sicknote got it.

Mike.

Wonder what player got the most goals in the 7000? Steve Bull perhaps.

Yup, Steve Bull, 247 1986/98

Mike.

• Advertisement

Apparently someone miscounted a goal in the past, Seoul scored the fabled goal against Leeds in the last game!

This could be a running story I bet several goals have been "lost" or wrongly credited down the decades.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

i heard it was only 6999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

how many did robbie keane contribute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Robbie scored 24 league goals for Wolves.

Selling him, even for a Div One record fee was possibly the worst bit of business Wolves did.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Selling him, even for a Div One record fee was possibly the worst bit of business Wolves did.

Mike.

Not sure about that. They did get 7 million for him, even if Coventry did sell him for 13 million a few months later.

7 million was a record for a teenager at the time. I'm not sure Inter would have heard about him to pay the 13 million if he hadn't been scoring PL goals.

Trouble is he had just come good and proberly would have got the club promoted a couple of seasons sooner, pity he ambition got the better of him (he would have sought a move anyway I suspect).

Mike.

Advertisement