Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Regular Night

• 28-12-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone else go to this last night?

Curious to see how many boardsters drink there...if any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i wasn't there last night.. i've played there a few times, not a bad venue.. A lot of venues could learn a lot from fibbers, ie, only charging 2 euro in, cheap bear, paying the bands etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

i live around the corner from it.... Know any good bands to look out for?

is the beer good?

i need good beer!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I know what you mean. If you liked playing there you shoulkd try drinkign there.
    Good atmosphere.

Doc....the beer is not better than other places but it's not a rip off.

Also, it's only three euro a drink every thursday...with free mxers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Ive heard it can be good now and then.I must try Helvete, heard its good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

i went last night
    there was a good crowd there. a lot of them were Dominion regulars . which shocked me as i never see them in fibbers except for on a saturday when I'm waiting for Dominion to open. so i had loads of fun

I don't drink:) heh... The bear garden is very cramped on the busier nights which sucks!!

The Murder of Crows did play there a lot, although i think they've toned that down since, but if you hear they're playing again, be sure to head a long.

They also have a acoustic night on weds afaik.

Head along this Fri night though, Mike Got Spiked are playing, an excellent live band well worth seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Was there last thursday, downstairs with the DJ playing. Enjoyed the music (Got there just as he was playing Stinkfist) and the crowd seemed pretty cool, but the spirits seemed a little weak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mike Got Spiked are playing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Waltons wrote:
    Was there last thursday, downstairs with the DJ playing. Enjoyed the music (Got there just as he was playing Stinkfist) and the crowd seemed pretty cool, but the spirits seemed a little weak...

THEY PLAY TOOL??:D :D

d00d i'm drinking there soon!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    Mike Got Spiked are playing ?

indeed, Fri night

Yeah...they also play other types of metal, at this here metal bar.
    Wow...didn't think this many boardsters drank there.

So what did you think of it last night WWD?
    I thought it was dull...the DJ's set was good but the place was kinda empty and seriously lacking atmosphere.

Not to mention the awl pipe bursting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Doc_Savage wrote:
    THEY PLAY TOOL??:D :D

d00d i'm drinking there soon!!!!!!!!:D

Yeah, they played Tool and then something akin to a bloody Hits of 1996 cd....

i thought there would be more last night.
    last year you couldn't move it was wall to wall.
    D.J was crap but he is always crap only good thing about him is he'll play Ur Cd's for u. here's hoping the year party is better

Yeah...what's the story with that party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Been there a few times, quite enjoyed it but it didn't smell so good.

There has always been issues with the toilets in Fibbers.

Yeah, and if you dont bother them, they won't bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

There is a reason why the beer is so cheap there.

I.E., it tends to come from the slop bucket. The place wasnt voted 'worst pint in dublin' for nothing, you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

There is a reason why the beer is so cheap there.

I.E., it tends to come from the slop bucket. The place wasnt voted 'worst pint in dublin' for nothing, you know.

didn't know that (well, i had no discernable proof of it anyway), but either way my 3euro pints are just to build me up to the shots and JD&Coke/Red Bull&vodka... the pints are awful, the place stinks, but the music is great.

• Advertisement

The pints don't come from the slop buckets.
    Ans when was it voted worst pint in dublin?

OK what I've heard about the new years party in fibber is there are going to be live bands the list will be up in fibbers this friday of who's playing . but for all the goths out there Dominion will be open for new year a lot of the regulars will be dressing up and as yous know Dominion is just around the corner from fibbers so you could go to them both

yet to visit dominion but it sounds cool (KMFDM, NIN, Skinny Puppy etc. i assume?)... except for the possibility of running into too many goths who think they know all about industrial

the crowd there are old school Goths its a great mix of punk goth and metal its free in well worth taking a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

Fibbers aint the kinda place u'd wanna go for a nice pint...unless it comes in a pint bottle! However where else can u get a JD/Vodka/Southie or other spirit of your choice with mixer for 3 euro on a Thurs...along with some damn fine music to shake your ass or head to!?

DJ can be a bit ropey depending whos playin most of the time its kickin ...they seem to magange to get bodies on the floor...specially when playing Bodies!

The bogs have always been bad, its expceted!

And since bands have been playin there again its animal ...Mike Got Spiked are well worth seein there.

The pints don't come from the slop buckets.
    Ans when was it voted worst pint in dublin?

The snakebites were about 70% slopbucket back in the day. It was voted worst pint in dublin in 96 IIRC, it was in the Herald i think.
    yet to visit dominion but it sounds cool (KMFDM, NIN, Skinny Puppy etc. i assume?)... except for the possibility of running into too many goths who think they know all about industrial

If you thought fibbers smelt bad...just wait til you get a nostril full of dominion. They burn inscense there all night long (which looks like a fire hazard to me) for the simple reason that dominion is located next to one big ass sewer. Every now and again a gust of wind will blow down the stairs and blow away the incense smell, and youll be greeted with the overpowering stench of human waste...

making it all the more at home for the vampire larpers.....

If you thought fibbers smelt bad...just wait til you get a nostril full of dominion. They burn inscense there all night long (which looks like a fire hazard to me) for the simple reason that dominion is located next to one big ass sewer. Every now and again a gust of wind will blow down the stairs and blow away the incense smell, and youll be greeted with the overpowering stench of human waste...

oh... lovely. but i put up with fibbers, and the standard of DJ's there varies an awful lot (amazing how one night you can have nin, tool, deftones, fnm in a row one night and absolute ****e another night). i heard dominion is far superior music-wise. i'm sick of the obscure (it is for me) death/black metal in bruxelles, even though it's a better (if only slightly) pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dominions not the worst, but couldn't spend a night down there. Great music though. Anytime I've been in Fibbers; shít pints; shít music; shiít smell of shít. As appauling as Bruxelles may be, its far superior than Fibbers.

• Advertisement

Tbh i didnt think much of dominions music really. When i was there it was all really obscure (to me) 1980's synthy-goth id never heard of. (Bear in mind im a big joy division fan and alot of other 80's music), but this stuff was A. Sh!t ive never even heard, and B. Just Sh!t.
    Ive not gone back to fibbers since the night they played final countdown by europe.
    Thaedydhal wrote:
    making it all the more at home for the vampire larpers.....
    Would that be yourself, Ladydeath? ;)

Advertisement