Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Regular Night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Oh man, the smell in that place is crazy. I was there during the summer, and it bleedin stank! Went back in for a second time before Slayer after a few drinks and as i went in i almost screamed "It still fvckin stinks in here!"...Barman wasnt impressed :o hahah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

no december son that would be me.
    All bow before Gideon of Ventrue.
    The warlords, oh yes.

Anyway, I quite like fibbers...but well it's quite rare that that I get there as it's in dublin...wish the one in galway wasn't a hole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I for one LOVE fibbers! The music rocks, and since the new manager took over last year the Gigs, beer, staff and crowd have all improved greatly.

The DJs do play ****e sometimes, but they're mostly takin the piss, like when they play an oldschool dance set (most thursdays near the end of the night!)
    And if you ask for soemthing decent and they have it they'll nearly always play it for you, and if they don't have it as was said earlier, they'll play your CDs for you, (within reason).

Only one problem, the place seems to be overun with kiddies lately, especially thursdays.

Do many people on here drink in fibbers? Chances are we know each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The places was always over run with kiddes, when you meet your 15 year old sister in there really it is time to call it a day on going there on a regular bases.
    And no I'm not a larper :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Thaedydal wrote:
    The places was always over run with kiddes, when you meet your 15 year old sister in there really it is time to call it a day on going there on a regular bases.

aye my brothers mates have started going now and then (they've no money to be going regularly)
    Shelli wrote:
    The DJs do play ****e sometimes, but they're mostly takin the piss, like when they play an oldschool dance set (most thursdays near the end of the night!)
    And if you ask for soemthing decent and they have it they'll nearly always play it for you, and if they don't have it as was said earlier, they'll play your CDs for you, (within reason).

Do many people on here drink in fibbers? Chances are we know each other.

there's taking the piss, then there's spending an hour or two playing ****ing **** dance and pop music at the end of thursday. everyone being pissed on the dancefloor is no excuse. if i wanted that i'd class it up with a nice shirt and some shoes and go to zanzibar or whatever.

and i regularly ask for good music, met with "oh yeah sure man it's in the queue" or whatever... and it don't get played. bruxelles is probably the best place to be requesting music, apart from the fact you have to climb over some unfortunate punters sitting in THAT seating area

i doubt i know you either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

gwan the fibbers.:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

The snakebites were about 70% slopbucket back in the day. It was voted worst pint in dublin in 96 IIRC, it was in the Herald i think.

If you thought fibbers smelt bad...just wait til you get a nostril full of dominion. They burn incense there all night long (which looks like a fire hazard to me) for the simple reason that dominion is located next to one big ass sewer. Every now and again a gust of wind will blow down the stairs and blow away the incense smell, and you'll be greeted with the overpowering stench of human waste...
    they haven't burned incense in Dominion for nearly two years you mustn't get out much or you don't know what your talking about :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well he was talking about 1996 at one point!
    Hahaha

Ifd yous hate all the wee nippers....tell the damn bouncers.

And so what if thr toilets stink...do you know of a metal bar that doesn't have ****ty toilets?

Ifd yous hate all the wee nippers....tell the damn bouncers.

isn't it the bouncers' job not to let them in the venue in the first place?
    And so what if thr toilets stink...do you know of a metal bar that doesn't have ****ty toilets?

is it too much to ask for good music, a good pint and a toilet that doesn't make your stomach wrech?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

they haven't burned incense in Dominion for nearly two years you mustn't get out much or you don't know what your talking about :confused:

wow well that sh!t they were burning in dominion IN NOVEMBER smelt, and looked an awful lot like incense. Hey you know what, it WAS incense!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

isn't it the bouncers' job not to let them in the venue in the first place?

is it too much to ask for good music, a good pint and a toilet that doesn't make your stomach wrech?

Well you can hardly balme the bouncers if the kids look of age or have fake id.
    I'm just saying, if it bothers you so much, you should do somethign about it.

As for the pint and music...that's just a matter of opinion.

Well you can hardly balme the bouncers if the kids look of age or have fake id.
    I'm just saying, if it bothers you so much, you should do somethign about it.

As for the pint and music...that's just a matter of opinion.

in fairness now. just look at some of the kids. they LOOK 15, and i've seen the bouncers just let them in.

also, i've yet to see someone in there say what a good pint they've been served. fibbers is a place to stick to bottles or hard liquor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

anyone in fibbers on new years? whats the story!? bleedin couples night or somethin:eek:

in fairness now. just look at some of the kids. they LOOK 15, and i've seen the bouncers just let them in.

also, i've yet to see someone in there say what a good pint they've been served. fibbers is a place to stick to bottles or hard liquor

Well...personally, I don't keep an eye out for the kids ;) ...but seriously, if you have gripes with them you should get them kicked out or something.

Sure I haven't heard anyone priase their pint, but I haven't heard anyone slam theirs either. I think they're grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

I agree on the bouncers thing. Been in many places recently . all the usual dublin spots, and in limerick too. Riddlers and Termights in limerick are ridiculous, seriously, the majority of people in there most nighst seem to be annoying little wh*res of 14/15 year old girls and a few annoying young lads puking their guts up somewhere, with a minority of legal drinkers huddled in the corners trying to avoid the little kids. It used to be ok until the bouncers stopped doing thier job.

Fibbers is stupidly full of young ones in recent times. was in there before christmas and there was like this sea of 4 to 5 foot midgets that i had to wade through. A really amusing place is the Dublin central bank where there's always cops and ambulances turning up to take away some kid that O.D.'d or got beat up most times ive been up that way.

as for the sticking to hard liqour, Everywhere's the place to stick to hard liqour! Feck pints, yuo can fit in far more spirits anyway.:v:

Con_316 wrote:
    as for the sticking to hard liqour, Everywhere's the place to stick to hard liqour! Feck pints, yuo can fit in far more spirits anyway.:v:

true but it's nice to have the option of a nice cold pint before you get onto the jack & jager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i like the guinness from upstairs in fibbers,
    spirits only once you go down into the stink hole ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Right, for years Fibber's pints were probably god awful.... Fair enough I wan't around, I don't know, but if a newspaper as reliable as the Evening Herald says they had the worst pint in Dublin, I can hardly argue

As it happens, when you're in Dublin, people LIKE complaining, so even though the pints may have since gotten better, there's just NO WAY people are going to admit that if it means they're going to lose something to complain about.

I've been going to fibbers regularly since around this time two years ago, I've never once brought a pint back to the bar, I don't drink guinness there but I never do if I'm in town. Miller in fibber's is just as good as any other bar I drink in.

I'm really glad they've been doing so well in the last 6 months, the 3 euro thursday's really paying off now, its always packed in there. Hopefully if it continues they might sort out the plumbing :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

true but it's nice to have the option of a nice cold pint before you get onto the jack & jager.

Hmm... i suppose, if you like it that way, but you got to be drinkin the spirits very soon. As for me, Start out with a Naggin of JD outside, multiple JD, Jager and maybe some grey goose if they have it inside, finish with a double JD or maybe a naggin outside. That's my recipe for an interesting night. could mix in some smoke too but depends on mood.
    Jaysus lads i dunno how so many of ye can stand drinkin pints all night long, ye never noticed how in the mornin your sweat and skin will smell of beer or cider? That, combined with the smell of stale beer in the bottom of cans after a house party, can make a manageable hangover into a nightmare ordeal. Argh!!! rememberin one horrible morning in particular....

Right, for years Fibber's pints were probably god awful.... Fair enough I wan't around, I don't know, but if a newspaper as reliable as the Evening Herald says they had the worst pint in Dublin, I can hardly argue

:
    that was back in 96 but it has changed owner's since then and haven't been on the list of worst place's to drink since that one time

How Long as every one been going to fibbers

and Doe's any one remember the chipper they had down stairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

that was back in 96 but it has changed owner's since then and haven't been on the list of worst place's to drink since that one time

How Long as every one been going to fibbers

and Doe's any one remember the chipper they had down stairs

I believe you may have missed my point... did you read the rest of the post or just dive in?

I believe you may have missed my point... did you read the rest of the post or just dive in?

got your point
    i was just pointing out that it was so long ago

I've created a monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I've created a monster.

We likee monsters.. this whole thread makes me homesick for sydney's grungy goth/metal clubs :v:

daiixi wrote:
    We likee monsters.. this whole thread makes me homesick for sydney's grungy goth/metal clubs :v:

Pfh..you've obviously never been to fibbers !
    ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mmm fibbers...how i miss thee....aint been there since halloween,shame on me i know but work poop has been stopping me, and just to point out i love the place, music is good as is the snakebite, sure iv tasted better but its pretty good and well drinkable. i agree with the underage thing, it can make it a bit irritating but we all had to start somewhere :D anywho i shall be venturing back to fibbers this saturday night cause i miss it so and i feel like working the next day with an almighty hangover :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The snakebite from Fibbers has improved a hell of a lot over the years, it doesn't look like someone poured bread crumbs in to it anymore.

As for the music *shudders* I'll not go back in there on a saturday after they played Scatman John....

Good, no-one likes a dry****e.

Ah lighten up will ya.

i have to rant. earlier i complained about kids in fibbers, well last night myself and the ladyfriend went in for one pint after seeing jarhead and i've never been giving such dirty looks from bouncers (who at this stage should recognise me ffs).

where the hell did these bouncers come from? a few months ago there were some regular guys who were cool, and wouldn't ask for ID when someone was clearly over 18. these guys seem to be hired from some agency (just judging by their appearance etc.), and manage to disappear at the end of the night when any trouble may occur.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

well i shall be venturing back tonite. hell i might as well for the laugh :D aint bn there in ages. ill b next to the guy that looks like a cross between otto and Dr. Fink from the Simpsons and i shall be consuming snakbite :D so whos coming dancing? :)

Advertisement