Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosting on LCD TV

• 28-12-2005 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    got a brand new HD LCD TV yesterday and while watching a soccer match on it after about 40 mins seriously bad ghosting appeared on d screen with the players and ball. It got so bad eventually turned off tv for about 1 min and when it came back on the ghosting was gone and the picture perfect once again.I am new to LCD's and stuff and was wondering what the cause of this could be and is it a regular phenomenon. Could it be that the TV was on too long ~12hrs?The screen was quite hot. Anyone got any suggestions.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

you could be confusing it with delay time.

Mine is 12ms i think and its only noticeable from dark parts of the picture to slightly lighter.
    But if im wrong, i must say i have never seen ghosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Sometimes pixels on LCD's turned on for the first time are unsettled and therefore need time to adjust. It sounds more likely that you've bought a TV with a slower response time than average (i.e. more than 16ms) which would explain the apparent 'ghosting', there's nothing you can do about it if that turns out to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Thanks for the replys guys,
    well ok its maybe not ghosting but when there is movement across the screen such as just say the ball going thru the air it leaves a comet like effect if u get me.But anyways just checked there and the typical response time is 18ms which explains it will no better next time!

Advertisement