Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy Q

• 29-12-2005 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay just a small question that i am finding it hard to gather specific information on the net...

My gf has put on a small amount of weight, not much but noticable within her toned stomach.

At first we were frightened that she was pregenant but then a week later she had her period. Up until last week i thought that it was impossible to a woman to be pregant if she is getting her period every month but upon looking for some info on the net, there is mixed opinions on this through out many forums and i am finding it hard to get a specific answer, yes or no.

Some say they knew people who had periods while up to 3 months pregnant though others say they are not periods but just drops of blood leaking due to the pregnancy.

My gf is having regular periods for the last 2 months, is there any chance she could be pregnant? And before anyone says it, yes we are getting around to taking a test, we just want to know an answer to this question first!

Thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is winter time and people gain weight.
    Get a test done only way to be sure and yes there can be some blood loss or spotting while pregant but is is very very rare.
    If your that paranoid then look at using condoms in conjuction with what ever contraception your using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Generally speaking, I wouldn't advocate the use of the internet to try to figure out if she's pregnant! Take a pregnancy test... and another one if you're still worried! She may have just put on a little weight; that's the only symptom you've listed and I'd take that with a pinch of salt to be honest. A little bloating a week before her period sounds more like PMT than anything else.

I'd also second Thaedydal's suggestion of using a second method of contraception - personally speaking, I use the pill and condoms. Talk about it together and see what would suit both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

Okay just a small question that i am finding it hard to gather specific information on the net...

My gf has put on a small amount of weight, not much but noticable within her toned stomach.

At first we were frightened that she was pregenant but then a week later she had her period. Up until last week i thought that it was impossible to a woman to be pregant if she is getting her period every month but upon looking for some info on the net, there is mixed opinions on this through out many forums and i am finding it hard to get a specific answer, yes or no.

Some say they knew people who had periods while up to 3 months pregnant though others say they are not periods but just drops of blood leaking due to the pregnancy.

My gf is having regular periods for the last 2 months, is there any chance she could be pregnant? And before anyone says it, yes we are getting around to taking a test, we just want to know an answer to this question first!

Thanks alot

You will both find the only reassurance is from doing the test. If she had a proper and normal period, then it is highly unlikely she is pregnant. First pregnancy symptoms are not weight gain on the stomach anyway!! That could be drinking more at this time of year(?), or pre-menstrual fluid retention. DO THE TEST THOUGH! And use reliable contraception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go to pharmacy, do test, if still worried, go to doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

There isn't much wieght gain at all at the start of a pregnancy normally. The weight gain is far more likely to be caused by Christmas events!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

1st place you'll see the weight gain is on the hips..might only be a small difference but a guy will notice these things..after all this is one of the places where we look a lot at..i remember one girl that was only about 2 months pregnant if even that and hadn't told her mates or family..guess who dropped the ball when I asked her best friend when was she expecting??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Women get bloated for lots of reasons. The only way to know is to take a pregnancy test, prefarably one administered by a GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

we just want to know an answer to this question first!
    If I said Yes what would you do?
    If I said No what would you do?

You should ignore any answer given here and talk to a doctor or family planning centre nurse.

The charter says "this isn't a medical board" for a very good reason, you should never go on medical advice given in this forum or any internet chat room for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

yes women can still get there periods and be pregnant . but they will be lighter or shorter so ask Ur girlfriend is her periods lasting the same amount of days and has she noticed any changes in monthly her flow
    (my sister in-law had her periods for the hole nine month of her pregnancy) if Ur worried do a test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Get your Gf to go to the dr.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement