Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Video

Options
  • 29-12-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭

New member on these forums so here we go.

After looking for what seemed like a lifetime I've finally found the cheapest place to buy an iPod Video in Ireland. It's a place called podstogo.com aka Compu b store. What I want to know is whether this site is reliable or not, any responses with feedback is welcomed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

have u seen the 30 gb on apples website for 300 euro inc delivery ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

That's only if you use the student discount though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

blahblah06 wrote:
    have u seen the 30 gb on apples website for 300 euro inc delivery ?

I didn't see that. They were E329 last time I seen them.

These websites are offering them for 279 Euro, but are they secure?

i personally would just buy off the apple website for the 300 euro. you just have to enter any details in the student price like you know a mate in college or ever your old school. they dont check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I didn't see that. They were E329 last time I seen them.

These websites are offering them for 279 Euro, but are they secure?

That price is exc. vat which is the same as on applestore.ie and also doesn't include shipping.
    It's cheapest to buy from apple and get free engraving or just buy in any shop !

Shipping charge: € 9.99 | Prices are exclusive of VAT

• Advertisement

Thanks for that I didnt see the print at the bottom.

Just wondering do Amazon.com ship to the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

if buying electronics from amazon.com beware, you'll get caught for customs charges

and why are you asking if they ship to the uk, you are in Ireland aren't you?

I am in Ireland but I know someone in England who could bring back for me because I know they already don't ship to Ireland. Anyways i think I'll just go for Amazon.co.uk

man ur nuts. buy it off the apple site. any problems u can send it back to a company in ireland rather then amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm thinking of getting mine from a shop as that way if I have a problem with it I can just take it back to the shop and let them sort out shipping it back to apple.
    Anyone bought off the apple site and had to send back for repair. I presume you have to ship it back to them ? I'm not worried about getting it engraved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Apple will collect (via UPS .. they send you a return pack which you complete and UPS will collect and return in a few days.)

This apple warranty is valid regardless of where you buy the ipod. If you return it to the shop where you bought it, it will probably take a few more days, as you will have to wait for them to call apple when they feel like it and arrange the collection (as you can do yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have had 3 ipods. 1 from ireland 1 from america and one from japan. i went into the apple store when the american broke and they said they would send it away for me but it would take a few extra days. its a worldwide guarantee so its grand no matter where u buy it. i found b+h photo to be quite cheap and they ship to ireland. you can also get them to mark it as a gift and therefore u wont get raped by customs

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=669&a=0&a=0&shs=&ci=4259&ac=&Submit.x=10&Submit.y=8

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

If you buy it in a shop you have to send it back to apple. They send out a box and its all paid for (within warrenty). had to send mine back recently and and awaiting my new ipod in the post. They are very quick with sending out the box via ups and sending out the replacement so all in all a very good after sales service. If you buying an ipod buy it off apple.ie, its the cheapest and you get engraving free.

But on another note : DON'T BUY AN IPOD!!!!!

Advertisement