Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ya know what really grinds my gears?! (Not recommened for Dial-Up)

Options
  • 29-12-2005 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Okay first off I don't hate battlefield 2 but i do hate little bitches that do **** like this!
    These guys were at the airfield ever time i respawned for about 20 mins.
    screen002.jpg

And on a server tonight I was in the USS Essex AA Gun when i suddenly start gettin shot i look around in the air and see nothing then i see this guy shooting at me and hes a clan member of the server im on DCF btw, and also not more than 5 mins later [TiG]Berns (You all know) gets kicked for trying mutiny the commander another DCF clan member who was flying around the map in a plane, then camping at the base waiting for another plane everytime he died
    screen010.jpg

And thats whta grinds my gears! This kind of crap almost makes me want to play other games and let bf2 collect dust. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

When I can't find the droids I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

it was chopper :P German wouldnt u know, nobody responded on their irc channel. Idiots dont even know commander kills get no points :P Dont see the point in commander goin into battle as cant do his job or get points unless his team takes flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

When I can't find the droids I'm looking for

That too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

hate that crap too, was on a cleansweep the other night, we were yanks and had the bottom 4 bases. we started to lose them, and i respawned and tried to defend the flag getting my ass whopped each time as there only another 2 guys with me. We lost all but one flag. So we(defenders) decided to spawn back at the hanger to get a copter and capture more flags behind the enemy advance and there i saw 8 muppets queueing for planes, no wonder we lost the flags and then i got kicked for calling them idiots. Most clans are c***s btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Theres a simple solution to all this crap.
    Find a few servers that are good, no bs going on on them and play on only them. Seriously, I know its annoying, but theres no point coming on here moaning about it, we've all seen it before and witnessed firsthand.

I would never join a random server, last time i did I got in a plane with some fella who wanted his mate in it so, bail out is all I heard for 5 minutes before he took off and flew into a mountain, not before parachuting himself to safety.

I play 3 different special forces servers and about 8-9 different vanilla BF2 servers and most of the time its a great game with well admin'ed servers.

If you want to know those servers then send me a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

This kind of crap is why im now playing BFV and DOD:S, and BF2 is getting ever closer to the 'uninstall' button :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've already given up on BF2 because of the signal-to-f**kwit ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Nah this is just a case of idiots trying to put you off.

The way I look at it is as long as i'm not drunk (cause if I am i'll TK everyone till i'm banned for pissing me off - racked up nearly -400 one night in one round lol) then I just let them kill me over and over if they're TKers, so that they get banned. For commanders flying around, or server owners/admins abusing their positions, you just find another server. If it's the commander, either go for the position yourself, or if you're lower rank, leave.

I think too many people get the game confused with the server they play on. Find a decent one. Even just look through your favourites if you can't remember it. I find playing with friends helps - you still get a bit pissed off, but at least you have a laugh while losing because of your retard team mates :)

And if you find a really good server where the clan who owns it are big on teamwork and don't spout crap like don't attack the carrier *sigh* then just always play there.

No game is without their assholes, so why waste a perfectly good game by letting some kids **** you off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If we had decent servers that had regular admins, EA should make it there business to see that servers are admined regularly. We complain about the rubbish servers, people don't play the game/buy it, EA lose out. Just an idea but I understand that this is insane. :)

The servers seem to be run by 12 year olds with the most dumbest rules ever, mostly from america I would say. Why would you kick someone for saying idiot???

I have yet to see a proper game, sure I have played lots of games that were brill, like on TiG's TS server, but we really do lack quality servers. :(

I reckon we start a good server thread, give IP, details whats good about it and sticky the thread.

• Advertisement

I reckon we start a good server thread, give IP, details whats good about it and sticky the thread.

Good idea...
    I'll get my list of servers on this thread tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

But what one might call a good server another may dis-agree on.

We were all playing on a server last night and for some reason it kept changing us from side to side numerous times during a round which is ridiculous considering the teams were always even.Another case of admins over-using their powers.

d22ontour wrote:
    But what one might call a good server another may dis-agree on.

We were all playing on a server last night and for some reason it kept changing us from side to side numerous times during a round which is ridiculous considering the teams were always even.Another case of admins over-using their powers.

Then lets try to come up with a template for a good server.
    I'll start the ball rolling on a checklist, feel free to add to it.
    Put what you think is a good/bad attribute for a server on the left and then answer it on the right with a Yes or a No.

Well Admined -
    Mature Players -
    Regular Team Switches -
    Clan Owned -
    Map Size -
    Ranked -
    Special Forces Maps -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

i dont blame em d22 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Shush you.

Pity they didn't kick/ban your ass.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Keyzer wrote:
    Then lets try to come up with a template for a good server.
    I'll start the ball rolling on a checklist, feel free to add to it.
    Put what you think is a good/bad attribute for a server on the left and then answer it on the right with a Yes or a No.

Well Admined -
    Mature Players -
    Regular Team Switches -
    Clan Owned -
    Map Size -
    Ranked -
    Special Forces Maps -
    Good idea mate, if someone wants to get the ball rolling with that sort of template on a new thread I'll sticky it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

See a large part of the problem is cheap shared server hosting. Every little back-ass clan of 14 year olds from the UK can each pay a fiver a month and get a ranked battlefield 2 server on theirt mothers credit card.

Because of this, they think they own that particular game and that kicking people who they dislike is perfectly acceptable. Kill an admin twice in a row, get kicked. Jump before throwing grenades, get kicked. Knife kill an admin....

and so on.

I've taken to playing the 16 player maps, as they are much more balanced than larger maps. The game plays perfect with anywhere between 4 and 12 people on a team on 16 player maps. most 32 player games are unbalanced and favour one side or one tactic more than ohthers. For example; Helis in sharqui 32 make the game a battle between a pair of pilots and gunners. etc.

Stick with the small maps. Infantry vs Infantry is where the real skill is. Not racking up air kills.

We could throw a like\dislike field in there, such as the team changing thing, which is really annoying.

Is there any capture and advance servers out there?, not sure of the exact game type name, we played it on lans, but basically it has no commanders and flags have to be captured in sequence(I.E. no helicopters to the back spawn point). Leads to mass attacks\battles as you have to go for one point and go for the next, karkland is fantastic with it.

Thing is as some say alots down to who's on it, not wheres it on.

Good idea mate, if someone wants to get the ball rolling with that sort of template on a new thread I'll sticky it.

I just did... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I've taken to playing the 16 player maps, as they are much more balanced than larger maps. The game plays perfect with anywhere between 4 and 12 people on a team on 16 player maps. most 32 player games are unbalanced and favour one side or one tactic more than ohthers. For example; Helis in sharqui 32 make the game a battle between a pair of pilots and gunners. etc.

Stick with the small maps. Infantry vs Infantry is where the real skill is. Not racking up air kills.

True enough fuzzy but there can be some skill in the larger maps when youve got balanced teams, like on the server where i got those pictures although it was the DCF clans server it was good fun playing 2 nights ago, well balanced teams, large maps, no stat whores or anything me and berns were on until around 5 am when the server went haywire for a second and some people lost the connection for it. :D

On that server list idea, YAY! Thats a great idea has someone actually started it? Do we want to include BFV servers aswell?

• Advertisement

Right, heres the first installment of the servers I deem good servers to play on. That said, if you play on them and some asshat starts teamkilling you, don't blame me, but I have never had problems on them....

Some of these you may know...

These are good servers, well admin'ed, and very little bullsh1t going on them.
    Some are dedicated Special Forces, others run a mix of maps...

Bravo2Zero - 85.236.100.12 - 16567
    DOA - 85.236.101.60 - 16967
    GFF - 83.142.229.136 - 16567 (beware of high pings on this server for reasons unknown to me)
    ASY - 85.236.100.57 - 27101
    13th Judgement - 85.236.101.44 - 17767
    Chosen Men - 85.236.101.13 - 16668

I have more but I'm formatting my HD at the moment so you'll have to wait.

No ips but german servers are generally good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I find the plane whores good for target practise for bombing runs:cool: Also, I usually blow up the enemys' arty, UAV, etc, so that pisses them off no end:D

the_syco wrote:
    I find the plane whores good for target practise for bombing runs:cool: Also, I usually blow up the enemys' arty, UAV, etc, so that pisses them off no end:D

You in the wrong thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I quite like palying engineer lately, especially on maps where thare are a lot of vehicles. I always end up with **** all assist points and for a while I coudlnt' figure out why. It's because of muppets in my own team. It's important to defend the central flags so I mine them up, only for some retard to stand there watching me as I lay the mines, then get in a vehicle, drive over them, blow up and punish me for teamkilling him. I mean WTF?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

can someone explain the favourites to me?

i've been adding servers with cool people on them to my favourites, and they either don't appear or they get lost in a long list of other servers i've visited but not added to favs

annoying the hell out of me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I made a return to BF2 tonight, and what grinds my gears is some player called adyll or something...... standing in our base while spec ops blew up UAV, artillery.....and kept screaming for UAV and then saying I was a crap commander.

Then when I pointed out that if he gave a hand taking out the spec ops that were denying him his UAV he banned me.

Extremely mature.

BTC Multiplay server ftw.

Listen, we've all heard the horror stories so theres no point in regurgitating them here. I sympathise with you but I'm sick of reading the stories.
    That crap about being called a noob happens to me all the time for using the grenade launcher, but I don't care, my accuracy with it is almost 50% with it, so who cares if you get labelled a noob, your owning and thats all that matters.
    Your going to get that crap with every game.

This thread was supposed to become a list of servers that you guys vouch for, so please add to my list.

If you don't like whats going on on a server then leave it and don't go back, simple as, theres no point getting annoyed about it, its futile. Put your energy into something productive and post your good, regularly played on servers on this post and I'm sure we can get it stickied.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

RopeDrink wrote:
    Rant rant blaaargh rant rant hurrah!!

Applause and flowers!!!

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote:
    I think you'll find that this would be called going 'Off-Topic' as this is NOT your thread, and it's pointless trying to 'convert' one to encompass what YOU want, when you can make your own ****ing thread. So spare us the 'This is meant to be wah wah wah'. We'll contribute server IP's and recommendations to a thread NOT called 'What Grinds My Gears' thank you.

As for everything you said above, we all know this to be true, yet that doesn't mean we should all shut up about it - We all know it happens everywhere, and that it will not stop, but you know what I think? I'd much rather vent some frustration at this thread rather than bitch and whinge at the ignorant arseholes who play this game (and every other ****ing multiplayer game out there) while I'm playing it aswell, so it's pointless telling people to keep quiet about it when foul play is probably the most common form of play found when playing BF2. If you entertain the muppets, you are a muppet yourself so I keep quiet and just play the game, so what's wrong with posting about it here instead of acting like the people who frustrate us all in the first place?

Jesus Christ...
    Take chill pill before you have a heart attack. Seriously, its a game, a form of entertainment. You'd swear someone was pelting your house with eggs night after night or key'ing you car. If the playing on servers with fools gets you that worked up then maybe you should quit for a while.

And as for this being my thread, no its not my thread, but I thought something good might come of it by people adding kosher servers.

And yes, I have heard it all before, its like listening to a poker players bad beat stories. So what man if you played with a bunch of muppets, we all have, multiple times, but its not going to change, like you said so coming on here whining about it isn't going to make a difference.

So why don't you count to ten, take some deep breaths and then add some servers you play on on a regular basis that you vouch for.

Advertisement