Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ya know what really grinds my gears?! (Not recommened for Dial-Up)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

So would it be okay if we had a thread where we could come on and complain about stuff where you wouldn't have to read it......oh wait, this was it wasn't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Maybe when players new to the game come on here and see this they might think , "hmmm , must remember not to do that in the game " , then something good has come of this thread .

And after all this was a thread about venting frustration . So to come on here and have a go at people doing just that is a bit uncalled for . Now lets all step back for a minute and then ..........................all rush back to this thread and claim it for themselves........mine mine mine mine mine mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Silverfish wrote:
    So would it be okay if we had a thread where we could come on and complain about stuff where you wouldn't have to read it......oh wait, this was it wasn't it??

Oh whatever, I'll start a different thread where we can put some bloody servers in it...

Pardon me for trying to make your BF2 lives a little more enjoyable...

jonski wrote:
    Maybe when players new to the game come on here and see this they might think , "hmmm , must remember not to do that in the game " , then something good has come of this thread .

And after all this was a thread about venting frustration . So to come on here and have a go at people doing just that is a bit uncalled for . Now lets all step back for a minute and then ..........................all rush back to this thread and claim it for themselves........mine mine mine mine mine mine :)

I'm not having a go at anyone, i'm just saying that moaning about is pointless at the end of the day, im not saying this stupid behavious on servers is right...

And my last reply to Ropedrink was just asking him to calm down etc.

All I'm saying is lets put a list of decent servers together instead of people having to put up with this crap... Anyway, forget what I said earlier, I'll do it in a different thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

This thread was created for one reason bitching about the **** that goes on on bf2 servers, and having other people add their 2 cents helps the thread, and hopefully as jonski said it would get a few new people to the game to say to themselves " Hey lets not be a complete reatard while playing battlefield 2" :D

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote:
    You're not having a go at anyone?
    Wow, I almost mistook your reply to my post as a go seeing as you mis-read some of the points in my post as well as assume that I'm hellishly worked up either by your comment, or the game itself, when all I've done is point out that a new thread created for the purpose of displaying a list of vouched servers would be far better than trying to convert someone elses thread, which happens to be a thread dedicated to the purpose of encompassing comments regarding the common negativity found when playing BF2. That was all that was aimed at you. The rest was a basic explanation as to why I have absolutely no problem bitching and whinging about the same old garbage that happens day in and day out on BF2 servers into a thread made to encompass the discussion.

I have no need for chill pills, thank you.

The reason I was a little annoyed is the fact that you came into a thread, which was made to discuss the negative side of BF2, and WHINGED about people WHINGING.

So what? **** it, it could rouse a few laughs, educate a few of the 'not-so-experienced' players of BF2, focus people's frustrations elsewhere rather than have them degrade into the very same thing they are complaining about... Whatever... The point is, this thread is discussing one of the most common features of the game... If it's common, it's talked about, and if a thread is made to encompass this discussion, then people will post in it... If you disagree with it, meh, don't read it or something. It's that simple...

I see you've made you're little server thread, good man. Now we can go back to being on topic and posting things actually relevant to this thread.

Exactly.

I think this sums up all of what I'm trying to say in THIS response to you, in the event you mis-read me again.

I can think of a better way for you to go about this :rolleyes:

Listen, I wasn't having a go at anyone, I said in one of my posts that I sympathise etc. I wasn't aware we had to be so politically correct and woe is me for trying to make some good out of something. There was no aggression in my posts, I was merely stating my opinion.

Anyway, I created my own little thread as you so aptly call it.

And who's having a go at who?
    I think if you compare my posts to yours you'll notice your posts are full of aggression and sarcasm, over a game and over someone saying its a bit pointless getting annoyed about said games online community. I never singled out anyone or called people a load of names, I just stated an opinion, simple as.

Either way, It was never my intention to rile anyone up or piss anyone off.

I've said 10 hail marys for my penance and started a new thread dedicated to people providing some good servers, so as I said earlier, forget what I said about ranting, rant away...

See here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868907

P.S No doubt someone will reply with "Thanks for giving us your blessing" or something equally sarcastic, please, don't bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Y'know what REALLY grinds MY gears?

STFU BOTH OF YOU!!!!

Oh whatever man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

You Gotta Love Blind pilots :D

screen005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

it did'nt explode, thats impressive.

• Advertisement

It hadn't hit the ground yet - look at the back of it

If that chopper didn't explode then it would be an excellent place to take out infantry, cars and tanks
    Those miniguns pack quite a punch as I'm sure you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']It hadn't hit the ground yet - look at the back of it
    Actually, it has. Look at the rotar blades at the back.

Do they actually count as a hitbox though? I didn't know they did - eg. When you stand on a chopper with the propellars going it doesn't chop you in two or register as a kill, but if the back end swings and hits you, or lands on you, it does.

Besides, it might have just blown up a few seconds later. I've seen that happen before. The guy tries to land it, but the front end catches on the building. The tail tilts down and it lands at an awkward angle. It either blows up after a few seconds, or he tries to take off again and crashes lol

RopeDrink wrote:
    You know what really grinds my gears, ][cEMAN? Being road-killed by highway hugging BlackHawks :v: :D

I'm going to keep doing that from now on. Nobody expects it. They hear the chopper coming and they all look up. Nobody expects it to sneak up behind them scraping its underbelly across the tarmac and getting multiple road kills lol.

God that was hilarious. The guy didn't see us coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭fightin snr

All I have to say is ,fair play lads cracking thread,was having a sh!t day in work and at the moment I`m pmsl,keep it up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm surprised no-one has come on moaning about what I do with C4 yet:rolleyes: Its not only fun, but also funneh considering I wouldn't be able to see the tank (geforce4: Can't wait for the postie to deliver meh new system).

the_syco wrote:
    I'm surprised no-one has come on moaning about what I do with C4 yet:rolleyes: Its not only fun, but also funneh considering I wouldn't be able to see the tank (geforce4: Can't wait for the postie to deliver meh new system).

Your surprised!!? im surpised nobodies moaned to me yet about my c4 whoring, love it so much, /me goes to sleep with c4, but no detonators of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

played on a karkland only server the past 2 days, and got some good scores and lots of kills, (trying to bring up my KD ratio), anyway the server shows in my filters as ranked, but i got SFA points on my BF2 score. That really annoys, spent about 3 hours on the friggin server apart from the no points it was good fun. Some guy on it will be more pissed than i will be without the point, he was a sniper and got 48 kills for 1 death, best sniping i've seen in a round.

:d

• Advertisement
Advertisement