Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home and Away is slippin

• 29-12-2005 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Once Ireland was way ahead of UK with Home and Away...now it's behind! When did this happen??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

H&A is only good for the girls...

It's always been the case. Great show, tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i use to watch this regiously about 6-7 years ago and i stopped watching when it went off the air for summer.

maybe they still do that and hence let's the UK get way ahead with the broadcast.

The great thing about it is that you could always not watch it for a year, come back, and still be able to follow the storyline.

Simple, but brilliant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Skyuser wrote:
    Once Ireland was way ahead of UK with Home and Away...now it's behind! When did this happen??

In recent years, H&A has gone off air for a few weeks on RTÉ 2, be it for sport or Christmas etc... as H&A does go off air for a few weeks in Australia too.

five was way, way behind when it bought the rights from ITV, but they caught up by continously broadcasting it without a break.

You will find that there is only a matter of weeks or days in the difference between whats shown in Ireland/UK and when it was shown on 7 in Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Is it true there was a tape released recently of Sally(dont know her real life name) doing the auld business with her boyfriend. Home video kind of thing ala paris hilton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, it's true but it's crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

DMC wrote:
    You will find that there is only a matter of weeks or days in the difference between whats shown in Ireland/UK and when it was shown on 7 in Australia.

it's about 6 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭teresasaunt

the difference between rte and five is 2 days. they passed us out at the start of november when h&a went off for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

parasite wrote:
    it's about 6 months now

I thought it was a lot closer, but you are right.

8/7/2005 was when episode 4000, Alf's birthday, was aired in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Is it true there was a tape released recently of Sally(dont know her real life name) doing the auld business with her boyfriend. Home video kind of thing ala paris hilton?
    yeah, its sh!te...funny though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oooooooh the video. i had links somewhere for that but they are lost now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Mossy Monk wrote:
    oooooooh the video. i had links somewhere for that but they are lost now

you tease...

Lighting is craaaaaaaaaap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

The great thing about it is that you could always not watch it for a year, come back, and still be able to follow the storyline.

Simple, but brilliant...
    Yeah it's one of those shows where the characters are practically irrelevant. Only their names same to change, the storylines just keep repeating themselves.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sally? She aint fecking pretty at all.

Anyway, enjoy Home And Away myself. Its pretty "OK". :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

any1 know how long the new hit & run story is gonna last, I sure as heck hope it aint gonna run & run like the whole stalker thing did.
    Although if it is actually Zoe McAllister/Eve Jacobson coming back, then I won't mind as much.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Skyuser wrote:
    wow thats never happened rte are deffinetly slippin:( :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you see RTÉ arent actually slipping. in the UK, five do not take any breaks like they do in Australia. RTÉ do so they wont run out of episodes. five will have to take a break at some point soon

Advertisement