Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome: Total War - Can this be bought *anywhere*?!

Options
  • 29-12-2005 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for Rome: Total War for three bloody months and I can't find it anywhere bar Amazon.co.uk which at £29.99 + £4.98 'delivery' (delivery across the ****ing Irish sea - my arse) is extortion for a PC game, is there anywhere else you guys know of it for sale?!, I'm mad to play the game but it's 'sold out' at www.play.com and they're only selling the expansion pack at www.cdwow.com.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

There were a good few copies in HMV on grafton street last week, it was 35 or 40 euro, can't remember the exact price.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pretty much any branch of GAME should have it for 29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Or if you were really "dying" to play it, you'd pay the extra measly £4.98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

£34.97, nigh on €50 is an unacceptable price for me when it comes to PC games!, I never said I was dying to play it, I just forgot about it after it came out even though I was waiting for it like I was on a promise or something!. Ah well, I don't live in Dublinia so no Rome pour moi!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

This is getting silly now!, even Amazon has sold out of its remaining two copies when I decided to bite the bullet and buy it!. I was in Dublin the other day, no luck in HMV or Game on Henry Street or Grafton Street!. What's the deal with Sega (the publishers of Rome: Total War)?, you'd think if it was flying off the shelves like it has they'd be releasing 'special editions' like no tomorrow!, especially in the light of the fact they recently released the barbarian invasion expansion pack for it!. Guess the only place for me to try is PC World :( ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I've no doubt in the next month or so a special edition which includes the expansion pack will be out.

That said, why not look for a 2nd hand copy in the for sale board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Sold out on play.com 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Laguna wrote:
    What's the deal with Sega (the publishers of Rome: Total War)?, you'd think if it was flying off the shelves like it has they'd be releasing 'special editions' like no tomorrow!, especially in the light of the fact they recently released the barbarian invasion expansion pack for it!. Guess the only place for me to try is PC World :( ..

As far as I know, Sega are only the publishers for the expansion pack. Activision are the publishers for the original game. Sega bought Creative Assembly between the two releases.

Anyway, I've definitely seen copies of it around. There was a couple in HMV Grafton Street last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Anyway, I've definitely seen copies of it around. There was a couple in HMV Grafton Street last weekend.

I saw Barbarian Invasion there, but not the original RTW. Happened to think of the thread when I was picking out my own purchases.

Advertisement