Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Observation

Options
  • 29-12-2005 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

I was in Norway over the xmas period and I observed something odd in the night sky. I was wondering if anyone could identify it.

It was roughly the same brightness as the north star and orange in colour and very high above the horizon. The sky its self was clear. It flickered in a random was,was moving slowly and faded in and out. Seemed to be moving east to west. It also seemed very high. It also changed direction quite quickly about a 45 degree change. It was visible for about 5-10 minutes and then gradually dissappeared.

First thing that came into mind was a rocket but I'm no expert.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

A passing satellite? Some 'flicker' every few seconds as they orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Thanks for the reply seanie, I forgot to add it changed direction (about 45 degrees or so) while moving. So I don't think it was a satellite.

Also I have seen many satellites before and they were much more dim and whitish in colour, this was orange and much brighter than the usual satellite.

Tried to get a picture but all I had on my was my phone which produce a useless blob.

Advertisement