Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Led Zeppelin DVD to buy?

• 29-12-2005 4:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Ok, I had a look on Play.com and there's a few of them claiming to be the definitive DVD with behind the scenes footage and rare shows/interviews, but if any of you guys know which has the most content (intervies gigs extra stuff), I'd really like to know, thanks!
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The first one, just called "DVD" (called Legendary Boxed Set there) is the definitive Zep DVD by a long way. Jimmy Page himself spent almost two years putting it together and ,as a result, it pisses all over the other ones. The images are excellent but the sound, ahhh the sound, is crystal clear and powerful, it's an amazing collection. It documents the whole of Zep's career and lacks for nothing. Get it. Get it now. The rest of them, other than The Song Remains The Same, are cheapo unauthorised cash-ins, and it shows in their quality.

Get this
    115589m.jpg

and you should pick up The Song Remains The Same for a tenner in Golden Discs at the moment. There is a remastered version on the way (or possibly out already) and forget the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Doctor J wrote:
    The first one, just called "DVD" (called Legendary Boxed Set there) is the definitive Zep DVD by a long way. Jimmy Page himself spent almost two years putting it together and ,as a result, it pisses all over the other ones. The images are excellent but the sound, ahhh the sound, is crystal clear and powerful, it's an amazing collection. It documents the whole of Zep's career and lacks for nothing. Get it. Get it now. The rest of them, other than The Song Remains The Same, are cheapo unauthorised cash-ins, and it shows in their quality.

Get this
    115589m.jpg

and you should pick up The Song Remains The Same for a tenner in Golden Discs at the moment. There is a remastered version on the way (or possibly out already) and forget the rest of them.

nods head

def the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

If you can stick the cheesy 'acting' bits in TSRTS, its a really excellent live dvd, i just wish it was all concert footage, not interspersed with robert plant pretending to be sir galahad :rolleyes:
    Tho john bonhams bit is excellent..fecking off down to the pub in a dragracer..lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Get both... There's no denying the genius of the DVD box set. It's just beautiful. But The Song Remains the Same gives a better impression of the wondeful eccentricities of the 1970s. And it's dirt cheap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I concour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You're the bossmen! :)
    Thanks.

Done and done. And I mean done. (Ordered it!)

Advertisement