Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sony ericsson k300i

• 29-12-2005 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to send pictures to their PC using this phone?
    There are downloads on the SE site but am unsure which ,if any ,will work.
    Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

yep when I had one it worked fine over IR.

I think the program was Phone Manager or something..

edit: here it is - its called File Manager - go to sonyericsson.ie select your phone and select software

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ie&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10226&fid=6997&esi=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

Thanks parsi.
    Downloading now a big file-about 3 hours on dial-up.On getright so can stagger download if necessary.Will let you know later how I fare.
    cheers
    MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

Their File Manager program is over 34MB to download, which is ridiculous. But it seems the only available program to transfer clips/pictures from the 300i to the laptop using infra-red.

Took 2hrs 12 min for 58% so far.
    Don't really mind if it works ok.
    Doing the rest tomorrow.
    It's a long wait ,here in the sticks,for wireless broadband.

Download took over 3 hours.
    When I click on the icon it says "not connected".
    So turn on infra red port on mobile and send picture.It says "connecting" then "connection failed".Tried this several times with same result.Anyone help please?

• Advertisement

Wondering now if my computer has infra red capability.
    How do I check?

emmemm wrote:
    Wondering now if my computer has infra red capability.
    How do I check?

Hmmmmmmmmm .... that would be extremely important.

Go into your BIOS for starters to check. And if you have it, you many have to enable it there. And when you go into Windows, you many have to enable it there too. And then start it so it can listen for infra-red devices.

Also look for a small dark red or black square piece of glass on the side of your laptop. That would be your infra-red port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Which computer/laptop have you got?

A Gateway about 5years old.
    Can't find any red port so I'll nip down to the PC store on Tuesday to get the
    necessary thingy.Any idea of the cost?

Don't think that you can buy a 'thingy' (external infra-red port) for it.
    I would recommend that you buy a connection cable (for your phone to a PC) instead.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you have working USB you can buy a USB IR port cheaply enough . If you don't you can buy a serial IR port adpater. The USB one is cheapest but you'll need at least Windows98SE to be sure of the uSB working...

Bought a dongle off e-bay for e10.Took about two weeks.
    Works well.Can play video thro windows media player but no sound.Also sound recordings need a AMR player.Pictures OK too.
    Anyone know where I get a free AMR player?

Advertisement