Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last nights Panel.

• 29-12-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I thought last nights panel was the best of the year. It was so funny in so many ways, as usual Andrew Maxwell, and Neil Delamare were on form. The George Hook segment was excellent, Rosie just brilliant tv. Although the funniest thing about the show was when David McWilliams came on. The reason being is a couple of weeks ago Colin Murphy slated David McWilliams on the Blizzard of Odd. Colin made light of how annoying McWilliams was with his made up words like "BaconRollMan".

There was obviously a bit tension aswell there last night, because McWilliams was a bit smart with Colin but Colin couldnt really come up with anything apart from the stuff about Oasis and Blur. The funny thing is that this happens regularily with Colin slating people on the Blizzard of Odd, and the same people then are guests on the panel.

Btw I forgot actually the best thing the show was Grainne Seoige that woman is absolutely stunning. The way she speaks Irish is even beautiful, plus the fact that her cleavage was nice aswell last night :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

and RTÉ probably wont repeat it

is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Not sure tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pants,
    I missed it as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

WDK wrote:
    I thought last nights panel was the best of the year. It was so funny in so many ways, as usual Andrew Maxwell, and Neil Delamare were on form. The George Hook segment was excellent, Rosie just brilliant tv. Although the funniest thing about the show was when David McWilliams came on. The reason being is a couple of weeks ago Colin Murphy slated David McWilliams on the Blizzard of Odd. Colin made light of how annoying McWilliams was with his made up words like "BaconRollMan".

There was obviously a bit tension aswell there last night, because McWilliams was a bit smart with Colin but Colin couldnt really come up with anything apart from the stuff about Oasis and Blur. The funny thing is that this happens regularily with Colin slating people on the Blizzard of Odd, and the same people then are guests on the panel.

Btw I forgot actually the best thing the show was Grainne Seoige that woman is absolutely stunning. The way she speaks Irish is even beautiful, plus the fact that her cleavage was nice aswell last night :).
    I got stuck watching this in a mates gaff last night for about 30 mins before I made an excuse to leave - I can't believe people find this funny. Soooooooo f*cking bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

WDK wrote:

Yes, seeing her norks in their (almost) full glory was great :)

EDIT: This on The Panel's webpage...
    grainneseoige.jpg

But fear not, if you live in Repeatsville.... (it's on over midnight on NYE)

COMEDY: The Panel
    Channel: RTÉ 2
    Date: Saturday 31st December 2005
    Time: 11:05 pm to 12:05 am (starting in 2 days)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    End of Year Special.
    Dara O'Briain looks back at the recent series.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Advertisement

I got stuck watching this in a mates gaff last night for about 30 mins before I made an excuse to leave - I can't believe people find this funny. Soooooooo f*cking bad.
    Each to their own matey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I enjoyed the show last night too. It was indeed strange with Colin Murphy and David McWilliams. Great rack on Grainne all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

DMC wrote:

End of Year Special.

Such a bad time to repeat it. People do have social lives!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

McWilliams mentioned the thing Colin Murphy had against Eddie Hobbs so he must watch Blizzard of Odd.

DMC wrote:

End of Year Special.

yes, RTÉ are retarded. what kind of time is that to schedule something people may enjoy. why of course when most will be out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yes, RTÉ are retarded. what kind of time is that to schedule something people may enjoy. why of course when most will be out

didn;t he do a bit on everybody in is his last show...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Great rack on Grainne all the same.

That'd make the ratings go up, among other things. ;);) (Best part of the show, tbh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

DMC wrote:
    End of Year Special.

hehe, I'm sure all you nice ppl have VCRs or DVDRs, don't you :p

why xactly are they repeating this show, when they never repeated the last run of episodes :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

norbert64 wrote:
    hehe, I'm sure all you nice ppl have VCRs or DVDRs, don't you :p

why xactly are they repeating this show, when they never repeated the last run of episodes :confused:
    i thought the show was always repeated at that time on saturday night, good time for coming back from the pub.why should they change the night a repeat is shown just because its NYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

WDK wrote:

uhhh were we watching the same show?!george hook was absolutely brilliant i was wetting myself and the only comedian who could say anything in retort to him was neil delemare.Andrew maxwell was just silent for that whole segment cos he just couldnt keep up with the wit of hooky,dara and neil.Andrew maxwell was just so boring his long winded stupid soliloquys ruined the otherwise good programme. Loved it when neil said he looked like the milkybar kid!Th other journalist guy wasnt a patch on hooky definatly the guest of the year.Grainne just seemed really arsey with everyone,like she wanted to pick a fight.It clear why she was doing this though cos she is obviously quite intelligent and doesnt want to be sen as the dumb eye candy.But because she cant come up with any jokes she has to pick an argument to exert and show her intelligence which is not what the panel is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

i thought the show was always repeated at that time on saturday night, good time for coming back from the pub.why should they change the night a repeat is shown just because its NYE
    maybe I just wasn't looking hard enuf, lol, but AFAIK they never repeated a single ep of the last run, there a few months ago. :cool:

Can any1 else confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It was a good show but I think Grainne has about as much personality as a dishcloth.
    They should have got a funny woman on it like Marian Keyes or Pauline McLynn.

norbert64 wrote:
    maybe I just wasn't looking hard enuf, lol, but AFAIK they never repeated a single ep of the last run, there a few months ago. :cool:

Can any1 else confirm?

indeed, many complained due to no repeats

Sorry but you are all missing the point of Grainne. She is simply eye candy for the male viewers, thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

WDK wrote:
    Sorry but you are all missing the point of Grainne. She is simply eye candy for the male viewers, thats it.

I'm sure she'll appreciate being called that. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Freelancer wrote:
    I'm sure she'll appreciate being called that. :rolleyes:
    She reads Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Show was ok!
    Andrew wasnt up to normal self, Neil was great, Colin was quiet, Grannie was a hell of a lot better than Fiona Looney, Dara was good, Hook was a great guest, The other guy was ****E! Only funny bit with him was with the Chinese ppl in spar handing out breakfast rolls trying to take over... WTF, andrew was hilarious at that bit!
    Yeah, myself and girlfriend both thought it wasnt the best really!

I'm sure she'll appreciate being called that.

Who cares thats just the way it is, plus like Limerick_man said she was a hundred times better than Fiona Looney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

WDK wrote:
    Who cares thats just the way it is,

Because it's an obonxiously sexist remark? WDK remember humanities? Just apologise and run before I hand your ass on a plate again.
    She reads Boards?.

Its entirely plausible theres 50,000 odd members, hell plank kenny was quoting a AH thread pretty much verbatium a few weeks ago. You'd be amazed how you while away the hours on a slow news day and google.

And hey just because someone doesn't see you say something doesn't mean it's okay to say it.

wow!!!!!!!
    you can call Pat Kenny a plank, while WDK cant call Gráinne Seoige eye candy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Shame there was no eyecandy for the women on the show.

Thank you my sentiments exactly.

I think it was mentioned already but I would love to see Kevin McAleer on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

DMC wrote:
    Screw that, I want them to repeat the episode where Aoife Ni Thuairsig was a guest (not the one where she was a panelist) and nearly fell out of her blouse.

I'd buy a 2005 season The Panel DVD just for that tbh.

Grainne set up a funny joke last night, can't remember what it was, but she fulfilled the purpose of a female panelist in that regard. And she almost went the whole show without asking a "serious" question.

• Advertisement

Also maybe this thread slipped under WDK radar.

http://wang.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054867647&highlight=grainne+seoige

You must be a woman because if your male well your just a *Beep* with this over top PC crap.

Freelancer wrote:
    You usually manage to discredit yourself just fine by yourself

I'm sorry calling a woman "just eye candy" isn't sexist? Jesus you are a joke.

See if you'd said she was eye candy, I'd not have disagreed, it was the "just" part I objected to. I've met her a few times, I'd describe her as attractive, intelligent, charming and funny, not "just" eye candy.

Yeah morals and ethics just seem to fly over your head.

WDK, stick around here, in the shallow end of the pool its where you belong.
    you made your point, let this be the end of the sadness

Thank you a little sense from Moss.

WDK wrote:
    How can I say this nicely without being banned, nobody wants a discussion on morals and ethics in the television forum please get that through to your skull. Nobody cares about whether or not she is eyecandy, your the only one whom of which has posted here in order to start a moral and ethical debate. Your in the wrong place like I said before , go back to humanities and start a thread there if you want to discuss whether or not Grainne Seoige is eye candy in the context of the Panel.

Your role on boards is to goad people into long winded debates, its all well and good in the humanities forum but it simply wont fly here because people arent interested. You like to over analyse everyones thread line by bloody line so you can get your worthless point across. You have continued debates into PM with some boards posters most notably billyblanks and then whinged about them in the help forum saying you were abused in order to get the other poster banned. No wonder people abused through PM because you obviously like to p!ss people off, and you still come out smelling off roses.

Btw your personal vendetta upon has not gone unrecognised, but in your case what goes around comes around.
    Here here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It was a great show, I was at the recording of it a few weeks ago. Neil Delamere was absolutely fantastic, even when the cameras weren't rolling he had the audience in stitches. Andrew Maxwell was actually better when they weren't being filmed for some reason.

We were told David McWilliams wasn't originally meant to be on the show - somebody else was but their flight from London was delayed or cancelled or something and so they asked someone local to step in.

It's a pity they have to kinda censor what they broadcast - some of the jokes made on the night were very un-PC but they were hilarious, had me crying laughing, but they weren't in the show!

And I'm female but I agree with the Grannie Seoige remark, you could take her out of the show and apart from maybe the guys not having as much to look at, the show would still be excellent, its the others who make it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

WDK wrote:

He always does that, he's all sarcastic and insulting when he's on his own programme but when they come on there's not a peep out of him. He doesn't have the guts to poke fun at them to their face. In fairness, most of the people he rips on are annoying, but I lost some amount of respect for him when I saw him pussyfooting around on the Panel. It's so easy to take the piss when they're not around. Jonathan Ross, for example, rarely gives anyone a really hard time, it's mostly backslapping. But when he does have someone on that he doesn't have much time for at least he pokes fun at them face to face.

• Advertisement

Its so true I would love for Eddie Hobbs to come on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I saw the show too and I thought Grainne came accross as a total cow. She didn't contribute anything interesting, and when she did open her mouth, it was just to put other people down. What was up with her "I'm from GALWAY" arrogance? And when Hook said something friendly to her in Irish, she really showed herself up by replying by saying something she knew Hookie wouldn't understand... to make herself look more knowledgeable. I don't understand it. I've heard stories about her being really horrible to people in the past and never thought much of them - but now I do.

Also (while I'm having a whinge!) I'm totally put off George Hook now - although he might think his "I'm an old scallywag" routine is hilarious, to me he just ends up looking like a sad old man, perving away after young women. Why would anyone want to end up like that?!

It's a shame that the show isn't reaching its full potential - but then again as long as the likes of Fiona Looney are regulars on the programme, it's never going to be as funny as "Have I Got News For You", "QI", and so forth. The other three male panelists were quite good - but perhaps they need to hire a few more writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

She didn't say anything worthy of a laugh, or even anything remotely intelligent. She just laughed all the time at whatever anyone said and every so often asked a pointless question. We're told how intelligent she is all the time, she never seems to look it.

Advertisement