Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a Toyota Engine

Options
  • 29-12-2005 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Anybody know where i can get a 1.5efi engine for a 94 toyota Cynos(Paseo) on the cheap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Try to find a corolla or sprinter 1.5 engine. I think theyre actually the same engine as those cynos/paseo yokes. It's a "5Efhe" engine and some jap import corollas/sprinters also had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

I know where there's on for sale for 650 notes *I think* around 50000km

elusiveguy wrote:
    I know where there's on for sale for 650 notes *I think* around 50000km

Just out of interest is it in waterford? Because i came accross one that sounds similar today while picking up a replacement engine for my old project bmw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cynos Tac

Its in South Dublin iv bin told 1150 to fit and all by ivi engines but the car is a 94 its a little bit steep for a car 12 years old but i love the car too much to let it go

1150 is rairly pricy for a simple engine swap. try shop around to find a mechanic with a good rep who might do it cheaper.
    Anyone know a good alternative in dublin for the OP lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Cynos Tac wrote:
    Its in South Dublin iv bin told 1150 to fit and all by ivi engines but the car is a 94 its a little bit steep for a car 12 years old but i love the car too much to let it go

**** that ****. Buy a tool kit and rent an engine lift!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

elusiveguy wrote:
    **** that ****. Buy a tool kit and rent an engine lift!!!!!

not exactly your average DIY job!

The mechanic aint the problem ive got a good one already its just tryin to find the poxy engine im sick and tired of ringing breakers they all seem to have the 5efhe engine which is a bit different to mine,its not such a straight forward swap need to change distributor and fuel injectors which would start bringing the cost and the amount of labour up,I'm still able to drive her at the moment but its on the way out i can feel it and hear it from the engine and i need to get it sorted,my head is absolutely melted, and cheers for the help lads

Cynos Tac wrote:
    The mechanic aint the problem ive got a good one already its just tryin to find the poxy engine im sick and tired of ringing breakers they all seem to have the 5efhe engine which is a bit different to mine,its not such a straight forward swap need to change distributor and fuel injectors which would start bringing the cost and the amount of labour up,I'm still able to drive her at the moment but its on the way out i can feel it and hear it from the engine and i need to get it sorted,my head is absolutely melted, and cheers for the help lads

If you grt the 5efhe, which is just a high compression version of yours, which must just be a 5efe, you get the Ecu and wiring loom for the 5efhe as well, tht's the best bet, and just swao it all over , then you dont change the distributor , injectors etc. What wa sthe reason you were going to be changing injectors? just out of interest, were you thinking of using the standard wiring loom and ECU that's already in it and just fitting in the 5EFHE?

That engine's actually better, it HAs 115bhp i think. i think that's more than the one you have now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Con_316 wrote:
    If you grt the 5efhe, which is just a high compression version of yours, which must just be a 5efe, you get the Ecu and wiring loom for the 5efhe as well, tht's the best bet, and just swao it all over , then you dont change the distributor , injectors etc. What wa sthe reason you were going to be changing injectors? just out of interest, were you thinking of using the standard wiring loom and ECU that's already in it and just fitting in the 5EFHE?

That engine's actually better, it HAs 115bhp i think. i think that's more than the one you have now anyway.

how do you reason fitting a new wiring loom and engine, instead of just buying another car and selling the cynos for scrap.

• Advertisement

I was just told its more hassle trying to fit 5efhe into mine its not a straight forward swap anyways i think ive found a decent 5efe out of a toyota sprinter only 50,000 and its only 400 quid reason i amn't scrapin it is cos im not gonna get a car as good as this for the price of fittin an engine,plus i absolutely love this car,it handles like a dream and its nice and pokey

colm_mcm wrote:
    how do you reason fitting a new wiring loom and engine, instead of just buying another car and selling the cynos for scrap.

The OP obviously is attached to the particular car and wants to keep it. I never said it wouldnt be expensive to do that but it was just an idea to get the more common, and more powerful 5efhe in there.

Anyway, Cynos tac: €400 is a lot better value as long as it runs well. you getting thay one so? hopefully you'll get way better value than the 1200 or so you got quoted by ivi.

yeah pickin up the engine today its about time to ive bin drivin on this f*ck3d up engine for too long theres no kick out of it anymore and im afraid to overtake in it in case the engine gives up half way through the manoeuvre hopefully this engine will be good its comin from a reliable source so fingers crossed

Cynos Tac wrote:
    yeah pickin up the engine today its about time to ive bin drivin on this f*ck3d up engine for too long theres no kick out of it anymore and im afraid to overtake in it in case the engine gives up half way through the manoeuvre hopefully this engine will be good its comin from a reliable source so fingers crossed

Good man. You'll feel much better when you're confident in your engine's ability. I've megane i got real cheap as a spare for general "goin to the shop" duties. Been just keepin it together with prayers and sticky tape. Blown one engine while towing (it had 106,000 miles and renault engines are sh1te). Replacement one had 86,000 when fitted it but now on 130,000 and as you said , i afraid to overtake

Well it has started to mix the oil and water so the engine could seize without any warning good thing i have AA

Cynos Tac wrote:
    Well it has started to mix the oil and water so the engine could seize without any warning good thing i have AA
    So basically your head gasket is gone or the little oilways and water/ coolant passages have broken through to eachother..... Nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement