Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gadgets of The Future

Options
  • 29-12-2005 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

What in people's opinions will be the gadget of the future. We now have computers in cars, videos in pocket, portable digital music and I am curious to know what is next

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

swingking wrote:
    What in people's opinions will be the gadget of the future. We now have computers in cars, videos in pocket, portable digital music and I am curious to know what is next

i reakon, device convergence, eg an ipod phone that becomes a pda/gps nav at some point and shrinks and saves power.

currently my brother is designing chips for necs/docomos next generation of mobiles(18 months away)
    they are concentrating on integrating the 3g modem into the phones processor and therby saving power the big problem in tech circles as high res screens and complex electronics eat power. they want the phone to be as powerful as a 3 year old laptop...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Something with OLED technology definately:
    penanim.gif
    :D

Like a portable media player that you can scroll up, like the ones they had in Minority Report (I think that's where I saw it, can anyone confirm this?)

Or maybe some portable hologram tech, ther's some cool looking prototype models out there but they're huge at the moment: http://www.io2technology.com/

Advertisement