Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Files didnt copy when installing

• 29-12-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

When I was installing windows these files didnt copy on to the computer:
    CYCLAD-Z.INF
    CYCLAD-Y.INF
    HEADSP~1.WMZ
    MINIPC~1.WMZ
    SV-262E1.PNG
    SV-262E3.PNG
    SV-262E4.PNG

After installing windows I upgraded to WinXP SP1. So am I missing any important files.

EDIT:
    Also I think I might have the Virus where the computer shuts it self down saying the following file does not work and windows is shutting down in 1min. Got out of it by going to run -> shutdown -a can spmeone tell me how to remove this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

TBH, reinstall again and upgrade to SP2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

you need to install all updates antivirus and enable firewall

you probably dont have the virus, reboots mean the virus is running on a different pc on the net and its trying to infect your pc, all the updates will sort it

i presume you can legally beg borrow or steal a copy of xp home (or what ever you have) with sp2 integrated, as long as you use your key

sp2 is not enough you will still need to run windows update to get the rest of the patches, its handy for drivers updates (hope you got a fast net connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

eamoss wrote:
    EDIT:
    Also I think I might have the Virus where the computer shuts it self down saying the following file does not work and windows is shutting down in 1min. Got out of it by going to run -> shutdown -a can spmeone tell me how to remove this?

MS Blaster worm.
    God knows what else is on there. I'd personally format.

Disconnect from internet (as in turn off router or remove net cable), format & install windows and setup a firewall within XP before you reconnect online.
    If ye don't you get hit with blaster again untill you apply the fixes.

If you go for the XP SP2 servicepack, download it as standalone installer, disconnect from web and uninstall firewall. Carry on with the SP2 update.

With the files not copying across...is the cd a legit cd?

Advertisement