Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody building bikes at the moment?

• 29-12-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

is anyboy building/rebuilding a bike at the moment?
    if so
    what bike is it?
    whats your progress?
    any major stumbling points?

anybody thinking of doing a project bike?

im currently looking for a 60/70's lambretta or vespa to do up & i was looking at an old cb yesterday which seems interesting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Post Pictures When Finished Please:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

madrab - btdt.

Lambretta 150.....easy
    CB400 Superdream....easy but some parts hard to find now.
    Triumph T500C....absolute nightmare....wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. Even when it's finished it's a ****e bike anyway...and a money pit
    Triumph 3TA...didn't even attempt because of the 500 saga. Sold it as is...
    Suzuki X7 250....emigrated before finishing so only did 80% of it....would have loved to have finished it and kept it.....they don't make 'em like that anymore...
    Suzuki RGV250K....fairly complex but brilliant. All new parts actually fitted. (Unlike Triumph....)
    F650...nice easy but no money saved on buying a good one...
    Honda H100S....easy cheap. Bought spanking new frame from dealer in official Honda box for .......£30. Wouldn't pay you to sand the old one at that kind of money.....lovely bike to ride when finished too....

Before you start: work out a timeframe. Then multiply by 3. And double the money you thought you'd spend on it...........if it still appeals....then carry on !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Working on a Suzuki RGV 250 at the moment. 2 stroke, so it's a bit hit and miss with tuning the engine properly but the other bits.. brakes, suspension etc. are easy.

Advertisement