Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband false advertising - steer clear of them.

• 29-12-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Well I was having awful trouble trying to get DSL in my area so went with Irish Broadband. It started out nicely, but after a fairly short honeymoon period the service became awful.

Repeated calls to support went either unanswered after 45+ minutes on hold, or no help other than "Yes we're aware of a problem and are working on it.". This second excuse often been giving day after day after day... Support emails just weren't answered.

Latency was through the roof. Traceroutes were showing up problems with IBB servers. Download speeds were worse than my 56k days. Yet I was supposed to have a 1Mb synchronous line.

Finally I found a way to get in touch with them, phone them up and push the buttons to get through to sales, 2 minutes was all it took and I was talking to someone, after another 45 minutes trying to get through to support staff. I told them I wanted to be called back by someone from support and was promised I would be. It never happened.

So, now I'm getting in touch with comreg, cancelling my direct debit to them. If they want their mast back they can pay me for the half day I'll have to take off work while they come around to collect it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Welcome to the desert of the real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Join the club mate.

t-shirts are available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

Well I was having awful trouble trying to get DSL in my area so went with Irish Broadband.

Lcoation: 100 miles up in orbit

Some people can never be happy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I am both shocked and appalled from hearing these Statements, how can any-body dare complain about the shocking sub-standard service and lack of customer support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lived_usi

describes my experience exactly...
    except most of the time i cannae get a connection at all. cant get support on the phone, e-mail em "yes we are aware.....problems have now been resolved.." whaa? resolved? then why cant i still get a connection?? and to put the boot in, they say "yes as we said before we are aware of that problem.....problems have now been resolved.., if you have any more questions call support line".. basically, we have your money now p*ss off, we dont care about your silly connection.
    use them only: if you really, really need broadband for one or two days a month, and you cant get connected by anone else and suiside is the only other option...and then think about your options for a while..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I did get support on the phone and after about 12 calls mine got sorted and has been ok for over a month now. Its had one or two rocky moments where it went bad for a few hours but ive learned to live with that. Being bad for months is when I get anoyed. I log all the calls ive made for that day when I might need the info.

Advertisement