Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lookin for a nice restaurant in town(dublin)

• 29-12-2005 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

hi all,

lookin for a nice restaurant to bring a girl out on a first date for new years anyone any recommendations? Lookin for somewhere young and trendy (early twenties!!)

cheers in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

What kind of food are you looking to eat? How much money do you want to spend?

A couple of recommendations off the top of my head:

Boticellis in Temple Bar, excellent Italian resonable prices.
    Aca Pulcao on George's Street, Mexican food, very nice
    Wagamama under the Stephen's Green Centre on Sth King St, Japanese noodly food, you sit at benches with loads of people, good food, good prices.
    Luigi Malones in Temple Bar, kind of a mish mash of cuisine, all good though, bit more pricey than the others but does a good cocktail.
    Bistro 66 again on George's St, Haven't been there myself but I've heard good things from my friends.

Personally I'd go with Boticelli's, there's a nice atmosphere and the food is great. Was there last night and 3 courses each, coffee and a half bottle of wine came to just over €70. Their ice-cream is fantastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I agree with Aca Pulco on South Georges Street.. I'd recommend you book & get tucked into the margaritas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Mint, Mermaid Café, Eden, Bang Café and Café Bar Deli are what i'd reccomend for first dates.

Actually, maybe Mint for a second date. The Unicorn for a third date, L'ecrivan for 1 year anniversary, Thorntons for 2 years, and of course a proposal in Guillbauds. *sighs dreamily*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Shabadu, will you go out with me? I like the way you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Don't forget about shanahans, but i supose Guilbauds is more elegant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Shabadu, will you go out with me? I like the way you think.
    /me whisks tSubh away & gets banned by a certain Smod >_>

tripper- good point. How about Shanahans for introducing each other to parents?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

I was in the Elephant and Castle in Temple bar once and it was yum, quite reasonable too, if my memory serves me correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

some idea of budget would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

If you want japanese, the "Yamamori" on South.Great Georges St would be far, far, farrrrrr better than wagamama which is, to be frank, imo not very good and would be crap for a first date. When you go into the place and it's busy you'll understand of what I speak. I say "speak" because you wont be able to hear without straining either.

There's a small italian place in Temple Bar that's just down a lane way beside the Temple Bar music centre (the restauraunt is set in a cellar vault of sorts). Nice place, took my g/f there for an anniversary, but you will have to book in advance. It also wont break the bank despite being very nice.

Ho-Sin, just down the street from the Mongolian BBQ is a really nice Vietnamese restauraunt, and again wont break the bank and is both relaxing and serves lovely food. You may need to book for this. You may not. It just depends.

On the more "fun" side of eating, perhaps the Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar could be interesting as a venue. Or else "Aya" (Sushi Bar) behind Brown Thomas on Grafton St. Both are popular although for the Mongolian BBQ you might need to book ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

here's a small italian place in Temple Bar that's just down a lane way beside the Temple Bar music centre (the restauraunt is set in a cellar vault of sorts). Nice place, took my g/f there for an anniversary, but you will have to book in advance. It also wont break the bank despite being very nice.

la cavanara [sp?] its called. Great food, and although not a very italian dish the homemade burger they serve is world class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement