Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aura

Options
  • 29-12-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I remember reading a thing about auras a while ago. Anyway I only ever practiced the method that it said in the document for about 20 minutes, but ever since then I occasionally see these things.

I'm not confusing them with neural discharges, these are like dots, and there may be only 5 of them, and if I try to focus on them they go away but when I stare off into the distance I can see them whirling around the place for about a minute before they stop. I couldn't really put a colour on them to be honest, I suppose they're transparent or something? Hard to explain.

It never happens when I look at living objects so it's most likely nothing to do with that but it did only start right after I did that little experiment.
    Does this description match anyones experience of when they first practiced seeing auras? The internet only really has descriptions designed for people who can see them vividly.

Go on, convert a born skeptic :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Are you sure you're not seeing floaters?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think that what you are talking about is similar to what was discussed in the Sparkles in the air thread a while ago.
    grasshopa wrote:
    Go on, convert a born skeptic :)
    I tend to be pretty sceptical myself, so generally I just assume that some kind of trick of light is allowing us to see cells of some type (or maybe bacteria) floating around in the fluid coating our eyes. Altough I have at times wondered if there is any relation to being able to see auras. I have seen these going back long before I learnt to see auras, which is something I picked up quite easily, altough never really practiced enough to do with any real proficiency. The fact that you've only started noticing them after trying to see auras could be further indication of a link.

Thinking about it, seeing auras and seeing these objects requires a similar type of abstract or indirect sight, i.e. seeing something in your visual field that isn't the thing you're actually 'looking' at. I think this all leads to 3 possibilities

1- They're just a trick of light allowing us to see cells normally too small to be seen

2- They're the auras of cells floating around our eyes

3- They're some kind of disembodied aura or energy. Which raises more questions, such as are they some type of life/intelligence/sentience (possibly even spirits which are formerely human) or merely passing energy ?

I can't think of any reasons to accept any of those posibilities over the others (or the potential others I haven't thought of), other than that some of them are naturally going to be easier to accept. It's possible that trying to see auras causes some kind of damage to the eyes, altough really it should be far less stressfull to the eyes than reading, usuing a PC or watching TV, so I'd tend to discount that one.

There is also the possibility of seeing dots or sparkles in an aura (I think this is usually associated with intense creativity or pregnancy). I've rarely seen this, but to me this appeared to be quite different from what I've mentioned above, altough if I was to describe it it would sound like almost the exact same thing, so this could be what you have seen. Given that you haven't seen this around a living object, I don't think this is likely.

Advertisement