Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rare or exotic cars you have never seen...but would like to

Options
  • 29-12-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Inspired by Kersh's thread on rare cars, what are your top rare or exotic cars you have never seen (in real life), but would like to?

Mine would include:

(1) Porsche 959. Brilliant 1980's supercar, somewhat eclipsed by the Ferrari F40

(2) DeTomaso Pantera. From the other thread it appears there is at least one in Ireland but I have never seen it.

(3) Ferrari F50. No comment necessary!

(4) Jag XJ220

(5) McLaren F1

(6) Alfa Romeo SZ

(7) Maserati Shamal

Feel free to post pics of your favourites...I am too stupid to figure out how to post pics...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Do yourself a favour and go so somewhere like Goodwood Festival of Speed. You'll see all these car. I saw about 4 cars on your list when I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Yes I would certainly like to go to that festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Great choices hawkmoon269.

I've been lucky to have seen all of those.
    Porsche 959 (as well as the Paris-Dakar race car) in Austria
    DeTomaso Pantera (a yellow GT5S - the last one built) in Austria
    Ferrari F50 - Charles Hurst Belfast
    Jag XJ220 - Charles Hurst Belfast (sat in the window for years unsold)
    McLaren F1 - in theMcLaren showroom London
    Alfa Romeo SZ - Charles Hurst Belfast (there is one somewhere in Dublin also)
    Maserati Shamal - in Hong Kong

Once I dig out the photos I'll post them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

el tel wrote:
    Great choices hawkmoon269.

I've been lucky to have seen all of those.
    Porsche 959 (as well as the Paris-Dakar race car) in Austria
    DeTomaso Pantera (a yellow GT5S - the last one built) in Austria
    Ferrari F50 - Charles Hurst Belfast
    Jag XJ220 - Charles Hurst Belfast (sat in the window for years unsold)
    McLaren F1 - in theMcLaren showroom London
    Alfa Romeo SZ - Charles Hurst Belfast (there is one somewhere in Dublin also)
    Maserati Shamal - in Hong Kong

Once I dig out the photos I'll post them!

Yeah thanks. :)

Interesting about the XJ220 and Alfa SZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Haven't seen an Enzo yet. One of the best places for seeing cars is Puerto Banus in spain. There are always Ferraris and Lambos in there and the odd time there are Bugattis, Zondas, etc.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

AJ! wrote:
    Haven't seen an Enzo yet. One of the best places for seeing cars is Puerto Banus in spain. There are always Ferraris and Lambos in there and the odd time there are Bugattis, Zondas, etc.:D

There were a couple at Goodwood, one did the hillclimb the other on one of the stands. We passed another one on the road driven by a woman/girl that evening.

Advertisement