Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis reliability

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the 00 Avensis is the pre-facelift (front badge on the bonnet as opposed to on the grille) make sure the timing belt has been changed, should be done at 60,000 miles or 5 years. As far as i know, the facelifted vvt-i models use a timing chain.

I think 6 to 6,500 is a fair price to pay for the car providing it's serviced and has good tyres on it before you buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭MrWenger1982

Thanks Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think 6 to 6,500 is a fair price to pay for the car providing it's serviced and has good tyres on it before you buy it

I'm selling a '98 Avensis Diesel, 155K miles, reasonable nick - anyone got an idea as to a fair price for this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Is 65-70K a lot for an Avensis?? 1.8 Litre 2003 range. Looking to buy one. Don't intend doing a whole lot of miles though.

I presume its not a lot on a Toyota engine is it?

Advertisement