Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Believe In Angels/spirit Guides?

Options
  • 29-12-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

Interested in hearing your opinions!:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

no, but I used to.

as the topic concerns personal belief, it's more suitable in the spirituality forum.
    Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Maybe you're right, I thought because angel websites etc were listed in this forum it might be appropriate ( and change the subject). Think I should post it in Spirituality instead?

its already here.
    I have a pic I drew of a spirit guide when I believed in them. want to see?

Yeah I'd love to see thanks&Blessings.

AAMichaelresize.jpg

• Advertisement

Wow you're incredible artist Solas. I really wish I could paint or draw. My personal opinion is that our Angels are loved ones or ancestors in the Afterworld who look out for us when they can. But I must admit Ithink I'm morphing into a jaded cynic when I look at the world we have to live in....all the misery and pain I mean. And no matter how much we try to help. its just a drop in an ever-growing ocean.

I think as humans we need to associate imagery with those elements of higher energies, which we call spirit guides or angels, otherwise we could not conceive of having a personal relationship with them. I'm usually quite happy just aknowledging that energy but I decided to put a face to it one day.
    Mind you as I look at the imagery now, the energy emanating from it is not of the highest quality and I wonder is it because as something which has been exhibited before has been scrutinised by others and has quite a lot of others energies imprinted into it.

It used to be very light.

edit?; I recognise a more femine energy to, I just havent got around to putting it on paper yet.

It looks like a very subliminal archetype to me (and my brother in his hippy days).But you've captured an amazing energy in that image, do you paint as well as draw? Because I come from a background completely devoid of Christianity I can't believe in the whole concept of external energies, yet have friends of all spiritual &non spiritual types because I really don't care who or what people are.I'd probably be happier if I could believe in gods and devils lol

mysteria wrote:
    I can't believe in the whole concept of external energies,
    its no less external than the rain or your great grandma, well for me anyway.
    You remember the akashic records, and all energies/memories are a part of that, its no les foreign to me than my the ancestors that I have known.
    I used to paint but I always prefered to sketch, I am partial to oil pastels as its a bit of both.
    I drew it because I dreamed it, very vividly.

So maybe it's a dream "vision" you drew. My mother had an experience in Trinidad, she's Irish but my father was born there and we lived there for a few years. We were visiting some Hindu friends, and my mother saw an image, similar to your sketch. He was Indian, smiling at her and radiating a warm Energy. I have to say she's the biggest skeptic and cynic you could ever meet, but is a natural witch and powerful telepath. She blinked a few times but he was still there. He stayed for about 5 full minutes then his image disintegrated into small particles before disappearing. We checked pictures of many Saddhus etc sure we would find an image of who he is, and our Hindu friends helped but we haven't discovered who he is....yet! Some Christians would identify your sketch as Jesus, don't you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do I believe in angles as in the pretty winged things that hang arround with nothing else to do then watch us all ? No.

Do I believe in the prechristian angelic forces, big flaming swords, thier own agenda and you would not want most of them watching your at all ? Yes.

Spirit guides can be such a mis leading term.
    As it can range from animal spirits to 'angels' to deceased ancestors to other engerys spirits/sprites/fey creature/elementals.
    Just because any of the above are associated with a person does not mean
    they are there to guide or offer guidance.

I do think part of being a witch is to be skeptical and only an idiot swallows something with out pulling it a part and finding out what it is in it and where it came from and what effect it will have.

mysteria wrote:
    Some Christians would identify your sketch as Jesus, don't you think?
    you'd be suprised. I just call him a guide so as not to upset people.
    The imagery isn't complete, there are certain elements which are omitted, I'm sure if I put them in it would become more apparant. No words were spoken in the dream but the gestures said volumes and the experience brought about a great sense of understanding, peace and..joy?
    It was a very divine energy, moment.
    thead wrote:
    I do think part of being a witch is to be skeptical and only an idiot swallows something with out pulling it a part and finding out what it is in it and where it came from and what effect it will have.
    I've had the pleasure of watching many witches tear many things apart. They certainly helped make the whole "being crucified for your beliefs" experience more real.
    Personally, the dream speaks for itself and as much as people wish to rationalise that understanding and the peace brought through it, it will always be a part of my memory and can't be taken away. (a little bit like the akashic records, don't ya think)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Thaedydal wrote:
    Do I believe in angles as in the pretty winged things that hang arround with nothing else to do then watch us all ? No.

Do I believe in the prechristian angelic forces, big flaming swords, thier own agenda and you would not want most of them watching your at all ? Yes.

Couldn't of said it better myself

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This sounds a little silly, to me anyway, but reading this thread reminded me of something. A few years back, for a year or two I could 'sense' a female presence. At the time I thought it was someone I was going to meet who was going to guide me, and that there was something important we had to do together. At the time it all seemed fairly immenent, but over time nothing happened and I guess I just forgot about 'her'. Reading this now I can't help wondering if it was possibly a potential 'guiding presence' that got fed up with me for ignoring it, altough I'm not in any way convinced that it was anything other than my imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This can happen stevenmu funny how through in action we think we can get away with not being responsible for stuff as we didnt do anything :).

mysteria wrote:
    My mother had an experience in Trinidad
    is your mam still alive and if so I wonder what she would think of my guide. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Thaedydal wrote:
    This can happen stevenmu funny how through in action we think we can get away with not being responsible for stuff as we didnt do anything :).
    The first time I read this, I hadn't a clue what you meant, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if you've been crawling around inside my head (maybe I'm reading a little too much into it :) ).

Yes she's still very much alive Solas. I told her I'll bring over my laptop next time I visit and show her your sketch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

mysteria wrote:
    Interested in hearing your opinions!:cool:

I dont believe in angels. Id be a total sceptic when it comes to anything like that. I cant help feeling that many of the books/charms that deal with spirit/angel guides are rather exploitive of people. In the words of Homer Simpson "WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WITH A THOUSAND ANGEL ASHTRAYS?"

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

I would say......I do ! :D

However i dont believe they take a human form.
    All I know is that they are created from Light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Charis

I believe in angels and spirits both good and evil. I think that they could definitely influence you, for me it is a question of should I be listening? I do believe in angels although I don't know what they look like. I think sometimes they may take human forms but usually not. I do believe in the angel with the flaming sword that Thaedyl mentioned although I would not mind having them watch over me. I have to agree with Demetrius though I think that it is highly exploited and I don't by the books, charms etc. I just believe what I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Charis

Thaedydal wrote:

Oops, one adjustment I don't think angels have their own agenda. I think they are either good or evil.

Advertisement