Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directory listing on website

Options
  • 29-12-2005 6:52pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have some webspace which I use to keep random files. However I want to be able to get a directory listing when I type an address of a folder, so that I can see and download all the fiels within. Currently when I type mydomain.com/folder - if there is no index.html page I get:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /fun/ on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at zascar.com Port 80

Is there any way I can change it do that I get somehting like this:
    http://www.kitkatsfo.com/illuminate/

My host uses "Direct Admin - Web Control Panel".

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You need to enable Directory Listings in your hosts control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Zascar - you should be able to allow a directory listing by creating a .htaccess file with the following line:
    Options +Indexes

The file should be called .htaccess

HTH

Michele

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Excellent thats it exactly, cheers guys!

Advertisement