Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow likelyhood and winter weather indications thread (part 5)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I did get a little precipitation that I'm putting down as hail. Temp got above 5C, so scuppering the lowest max for nearly 3 years.

5C now. 3mm fell.

The top of croghan is white this morning down to about 1500ft so the snow line was even higher than I thought.
    I'm not surprised though really with a temp of near 5c and plus dewpoints.
    I'm actually surprised that we got any sleet in those conditions.
    I reckon what most people saw including my self was wet hail/sleety rain.

This thread will close later today so one of ye can open a new one to discuss models with the same title (part 6) and I'll sticky it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Stayed dry here overnight and throughout today. I guess the Castlecomer pleatau held back the precip to the east.

Danno wrote:
    Stayed dry here overnight and throughout today. I guess the Castlecomer pleatau held back the precip to the east.
    You make it sound like the alps :D

It reminds me of the old farmer I met on the top of croghan Mountain one day...
    He was claiming it was Irelands 3rd highest mountain.
    He said there was one down in Kerry somewhere, then there was lug and then there was croghan :D

I got the feeling that if I set him right on it, I'd have got attacked with his stick :eek:
    For the record croghan is 1997ft asl and there are obviously several points in wicklow higher not to mention in Ireland.
    It had a nice covering od snow this morning though,tiz a pity I didnt get up there...

Anyway new thread created and stickified-this one is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement