Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm transmitter for PC?

• 29-12-2005 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it possible to use an fm transmitter with the pc to send the music to all the stereos in the house without using an mp3 player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Does no one know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

buy a belkin tunecast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It is possible, but unfortunately they are banned in Ireland as you are not allowed to broadcast over FM, even if it's just a few metres. You can buy them on the net, but most places won't ship them to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Your best bet is Ebay, but i would never buy something illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...Legal to buy,but not to use..yadyadayahhh...
    Buy them off eBay for cheap. There are some shops in Ireland that sell them (So I'm told) but only few; and they'll charge more than it'd cost from eBay.

They'd operate the same way as with an mp3 player (Just ensure you get one with the appropriate connection (i.e. Most likely just a standard 3.5mm 'headphone' jack ) -then, plug it into the headphone/line-out socket ..

Again: use of these is illegal as the airwaves used as licensed. You should seek licensing ..
    hehehehehehehe

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
    Going to the States in Feb. Gonna pick one up there. It is legal to buy there so is it illegal to bring back?
    If I use with the PC can it be powered from Pc or will I need to buy batteries?
    THanks again for all your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

You can get them very cheaply and easily on ebay. Don't worry if you buy one over there there'll be no problem bringing it here, you won't be arrested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

Yea it works ok.
    I have a transmitter for my i audio and tried it on the pc.
    But as my whole colldetion is now on the iaudio i dont need to plug it in to the pc!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

I have one of those FM PCI cards that I don't use anymore. Want it?

• Advertisement

exactiv wrote:
    I have one of those FM PCI cards that I don't use anymore. Want it?

Yeah that would be great! I will pm you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I have whats called an FM oscillator. I bought it from Maplin as a kit 2 years ago. It is so cool you can broadcast across the FM range, im not too sure of the actual range of frequencies but you can do all the usual radio channels frequencies. If you had one you could connect it up to the line out on your PC then tune into it around the house.
    I had a friend who wanted me to make him one up but Maplin dont sell them anymore. The FCC crowd must have been in touch. LOL

Advertisement