Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that make you go LOL!!!

Options
  • 29-12-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Had a good few battles over the Christmas time with the lengthy work break, and have seen some crazy stuff happening that makes BF2 so enjoyable..

Was on Dragon Valley and the enemy had the Wood Yard heavily defended.
    We had the power plant, so I got into a USMC jeep and sped down the hill aiming to enter the mayhem already raging and get in behind the boxes near the flag to cap it.
    Just as I neared the entry, I saw mines!
    FOOK!
    I bailed out just before I hit them, and my jeep sped on.... detonating the mines and killing 3 enemy soldier who were sniping / ATing nearby.
    All racked up as 3 TKs for one guy who laid the mines on the opposition, and he was on the teamchat going nuts about those whom he thought ran over the mines and punished!! :D

On another map, Songhua Stalemate (sp?... the misty one) I was driving the USMC jeep to a flag (with gunner) and suddenly saw the enemy in another USMC jeep coming over the brow of the hill and about to collide.
    I quickly bailed out just before impact, and watched a head on smash where the enemy Jeep exploded (3 kills!) and mine stood intact with gunner probably wondering what the hell just happened!! :v:

So, anyone else got funny incidences that happened recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Was playing 64 player Karkand, i just connected joined the USMC and we had the train wreck captured, so i jump in a jeep as a gunner and this other enemy jeep appears in front of us, and for some reason they all jump out, and run towards me so i laugh open up with the machine gun and i get 4 easy kills, then suddenly 5 guys (must have been in the same squad) run round the corner and appear in front of me (still in the gunner position) so these guys also try running at me from a fair ole distance and i open up again racking up nine kills in less than 30 seconds of connecting, so at this point im thinking what a bunch of idiots cause i saw at least one anti tank guy in there group, but then low and behold another jeep comes by drives right past and heads for the flag although heres the weird part jeep drives right by flag over the bridge (destroyed) and into the water with some poor guy gettin called a noob for the rest of the game, now this was a ranked server i was on and i thought id seen stupid things before but i have to say this takes the cake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Probably the funniest thing ever happened to me yesterday.
    I was on Sharquri Peninsula (sp) and was in a squad trying to take the TV station.
    I was AT class and spotted the enemy tank coming around to wipe us all out.
    I jumped on top of the tank near the front and was able to hit the back of it without taking any medical damage to myself..... sweet!
    Just then, a gunner spawned (tank driver obviously squad leader) so I quickly shotgunned him out.
    Time for 2nd shot to tank..... nice one!
    At this stage, tank driver gets out and starts to repair.... oblivious to the fact the AT missiles were fired from myself on his tank!
    I just enter tank and run him over!!
    Priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I remember being in a squad of 9 playing Karkland and going up the slope away from the train. 2 of us were medics, me included. Then suddenly an enemy jeep appears at the top of the slope and opens fire but the funny thing is the other medic and I went crazy and were continuously bringing them our dead comrades back to life and we were very slowly making our way to the very top and the enemy could do nothing but try to kill us faster but he had no luck, we over threw him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

This evening a few of the TiG lads were on the Belfast Killers server, few of us on opposing teams. Was Masthurr(sp?) City.

Fairy had made a big deal of getting in the Black Hawk and mowing the rest of us down, so when the round ended and the sides switched "Everyone into the Black Hawk lads!". With us intent on mowing Fairy down we flew around for a bit but didn't see him. The BH got blown up so we respawned back up the hill, "Back to the Black Hawk!". Everyone piled in once again, just about to take off and I see two MEC heads appearing over a hill, I blast the area with my rail gun, got one of them but it was too late, the other one (Fairy) pressed and trigger and we went boom to the sound of c4. He then procedeed to nick the BH at the next spawn and mow us down once again.

D'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Was playing on the Dam level and was in a tank. As I'm driving up a slope an enemy tank is in-front of me so we both start firing at each other. As I drive towards him he starts to reverse and unknowingly drives off the cliff! The next thing I hear is boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

This evening a few of the TiG lads were on the Belfast Killers server, few of us on opposing teams. Was Masthurr(sp?) City.

Fairy had made a big deal of getting in the Black Hawk and mowing the rest of us down, so when the round ended and the sides switched "Everyone into the Black Hawk lads!". With us intent on mowing Fairy down we flew around for a bit but didn't see him. The BH got blown up so we respawned back up the hill, "Back to the Black Hawk!". Everyone piled in once again, just about to take off and I see two MEC heads appearing over a hill, I blast the area with my rail gun, got one of them but it was too late, the other one (Fairy) pressed and trigger and we went boom to the sound of c4. He then procedeed to nick the BH at the next spawn and mow us down once again.

D'oh.

Tell it right :rolleyes: We'd lost the spawn for heli (32 map) so we got the flag back & was few jeeps sittin at the flag, so 3 of us piled into jeeps, 1 in each so race up till the heli pad, lol. Think Molc took a short cut somewhere. Anyhow, 3 jeeps parked at the black hawk, i'd almost knocked jim over when we got there. This whole time we havin a laugh about the 3 jeeps over TS totally oblivious that fairy was up there waitin. Dunno when he got the C4 on like but the names over TS :P (rest of details jim said)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Was on a 64 ranked server and playing mass destruction, i was in a tank and was driving along when i spotted a guy hiding behind a rock, so i went on a bit and shot him with the machine gun on the tank, then another guy ran out and i killed him, then the two guys came back to life, there was a medic hiding, i killed the same two guys 18 times altogeter until the medic ran out and i killed him! The two guys must of been going crazy! lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

playing on FuShe myself and iceman were tearing along in a jeep from the south east flag towards the american base. We stop to take shots at a pasing cobra......when in the distance we see a blackhawk closing on the lookout point.

Then enter stage right a J-10 on full burn trying to avoid a phantom and the blackhawk which has just appeared in front of it.

the j10 pulls up clipping the tail of the blackhawk, flipping it over , the j10 does a back flip and explodes.....the explosion takes out the blackhawk which was heading inverted towards theground anyway.

myself and iceman were LOL'ing on teamspeak for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Zillah wrote:
    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing those.
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heh cool name cupid_stunt, think he's irish saw the name a few times on irish servers. Done that trick once or twice myself, the presentation of the video made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

Battlefield 2 Vs Nintendo.

Unfortunatly it's filefront but the video is good.

http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_vs_Nintendo_by_Snoken_Productions;54883

RopeDrink wrote:

I don't get it. He exploded him...

Zillah wrote:
    I don't get it. He exploded him...

The height he went was funny, don't use C4 so looked unusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

OMG these videos are hilarious!!! HAHAHA!! Brilliant!!!
    It deffinatly made me go lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

was on wake, north village i thing (one on top right of Island wen looking at the map) was moving towards airfield by foot, suddenly a buggy comes flying ove the hill and sees me, he comes in for the road kill, with a shifty side-step to the right and a jump to the left i fooled him into missing me. turned round to see if he was coming back for me, turns out there was a tree behind me and he had hurled into it at full pelt causing the buggy to blow up with him inside with the words 'Yippe KiA MotherF****' going thru my head.

:D

http://media.putfile.com/Prattlefield-2

made with "the movies", all sounds from bf2... you get the idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Was on some ranked server earlier and it was Dalian Plant, flew out to the USMC carrier to chase down a plane spotted maybe 20 of the friendly players on the carrier with no vehicles on it, talk about vehicle camping, suddenly i see our commander get a load of arty kills, they all deserved it :D

• Advertisement

Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted hehe.

Yeah I liked that too. And im almost certain its the same guy. He must have been taking the piss at the recording or something.

R0ot wrote:
    Was on some ranked server earlier and it was Dalian Plant, flew out to the USMC carrier to chase down a plane spotted maybe 20 of the friendly players on the carrier with no vehicles on it, talk about vehicle camping, suddenly i see our commander get a load of arty kills, they all deserved it :D

Hate that, when i see it i do a bomb run on the carrier, they deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i had the funniest thing EVER happen to me last night.

was playing on karkand as MEC holding the fence opening at the hotel for the first few minutes, i managed to do quite well getting 8 kills before i was low enough on ammo and health i had to drop back, i turn around and there is a medic bag. so im at full health with little to no ammo, out comes the knife.

i ran at the fence opening and saw a usa spec ops dropping c4, the thought was that even if i didnt kill him he would kill himself. just as i run through the opening i notice the rest of his squad standing either side. i can tell he was panicking as he was jumping away and trying to switch to the detonator.

i let loose a couple of swings with the knife to add to the tension and just then he pops his C4 taking out 5 team mates himself and me.

i had to stop playing because i was laughing so hard i started coughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Inisin wrote:

Quite possibly the best thing i have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

on the end of this vid when ur man is shooting everyone , on the rooftop their a bit of classical music that comes on , does anyone know the name of it ? thx

magick wrote:
    on the end of this vid when ur man is shooting everyone , on the rooftop their a bit of classical music that comes on , does anyone know the name of it ? thx

Considering the style, I'd assume it was from the Band of Brothers soundtrack.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Having watched the entire series on Over Xmas and New years, I can tell you it was indeed the Band of Brothers theme music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Silverfish wrote:
    Having watched the entire series on Over Xmas and New years, I can tell you it was indeed the Band of Brothers theme music.

Oddly enough at this stage you would imagine I know better than to correct Silverfish , but the theme from band of brothers is not in the video that magick is quoting . However it is in the one that Inisin quotes .
    Inisin wrote:

no idea what that music is Magick .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Silverfish wrote:
    Thats from the race video. He's talking about the prattlefield one.

Advertisement