Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star-Adserver Again!!

Options
  • 29-12-2005 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

When i block it on Adblock in Firefox, It get in the way of the drop down menus. But when it is unblocked it stays behind them as usually. I smell a conspiracy to get us all to have an MBNA Gold Credit card!! :rolleyes: It annoying just as all.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So, let me get this straight:

When you deny us even the smallest support you can possibly passively do for us, you have a problem that you'd like us to spend time fixing?

Am I reading this correctly?

Seriously, I apologise if I'm wrong but it seems like you are asking us to fix a bug that will allow you to more easily circumvent our rather inobtrusive ads.

Well I'm sorry if its annoying but you know what else is annoying? People who make considerable use of the platform we've produced to an extensive degree and then block our deliberately inobtrusive ads. I mean, why do you need to block them in the first place? They arent popups, popunders or interstitials nor do they maintain their position top right (they scroll awaywith the page). Christ they are as inoffensive as they can be really!

Well I was going to go to the pub but I think I'll stay in and help you circumvent any possible support for the site.

Not.

DeV.
    *slaps forehead*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I got it it fixed anyway Devore, thanks. Great Site.

Frightened user runs off crying! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I will be running if I see that image again. My eyes they are burning. I wonder could someone do us all a favour and ban or block who ever is posting that image!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've wiped and blocked all posts he's made all night. Its just one of the jobs that if we do it right, most will never know.

Now, off to the pub. I'm sure he'll be back to wreak havoc on us (lol) but I'm not missing a few pints tonight.

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    I've wiped and blocked all posts he's made all night. Its just one of the jobs that if we do it right, most will never know.

Now, off to the pub. I'm sure he'll be back to wreak havoc on us (lol) but I'm not missing a few pints tonight.

DeV.

Me lips are sealed,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

siteban wetpizzkid dev

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i love how much that name has spread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I think we should stalk him ;)

oh - it's been done already lubnip-style hasn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

lies!

lies and slander!