Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router query

Options
  • 29-12-2005 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

I'm a complete network novice. Only have an idea of how to crimp RJ45 connectors but not much more than that.

Can I buy and use a [Netgear Pre-N] router even though I don't have ADSL as it's not yet available in my area. I intend to get eircom broadband whenever the exchange is upgraded. Would it still work [obviously not the internet].

Or, will this setup cause havoc for dial-up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Yes you can , but whats the point, eircom will give you a wifi router when you get their DSL ,

I would'nt go out and buy a router as your line may not pass and it will be a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Because eircom fail my line for BB. Didn't know that they give a wireless router. Cheers for telling me. Is it that 'Netopia' one that I've come across in their BB mazagine [don't worry -- didn't waste money on it -- read it instore].

Advertisement