Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Question

Options
  • 29-12-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to make a little program useable without having to go through all the compile and run things.

I made a little odds caclculator, all it is is a few of those JOptionPane boxes, can i get that to come up on a website or so anybody could download it and use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

You still have to compile it at least once and you can deploy it via a applet if you want it on a web page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

you could use Java Web Start

or

have a executable jar file that can be downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

http://www.savefile.com/files3.php?fid=3274246

Can someone tell me if this works? It's just a little poker thing to tell you whether to call or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Crazy UI but yes it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

pH wrote:
    Crazy UI but yes it works!

What's UI?

As you may tell, i'm not too good with all this java stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

gerry87 wrote:
    What's UI?

As you may tell, i'm not too good with all this java stuff.
    user interface

worked for me too but you will need to be sure the client pc has java files associated with the java binary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

UI=User Interface
    Crazy(in a nice way) in that it asks questions in indivual popups and then gives the answer. A single frame with input fields and a calculate button would look nicer, but then that's just my opinion.

Well done getting it working.

Advertisement