Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family Guy Movie

• 29-12-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

So what did you think of the family guy movie?
    Personally, I was not pleased. Although there were a good few funny parts in it, overall I found it too long and not in anyway as good as the series.

What did everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

Thought It Was Good, Although You Cant Beat The Series. Got The New One Ab Fab Highly Recomended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A few (And I mean a few) giggles, but predictably shoi'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

It was alright but the story was a bit dry&dull imo. And it was wierd to hear all the swearing in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to say I really enjoyed it. My favourite part was when they were taking the piss out of Michael Chiklis from The Shield.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I thought it was decent but could have been compressed into a standard 1/2 hour episode.

And the swearing was pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I liked it GOOOO STEWIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I liked it a lot too. Maybe a bit drawn out, but you have to remember it was essentially three episodes together. You take any three episodes and watch them together and you'd probably get more or less the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah, it was good Family Guy. No more, no less.

Stewie: "Go... away..... fat man." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

All my fav bits didnt involve any main characters,

"wacky waving inflatable arm tube man" bit had me in stitches

"detective scrotes"

"hello i suffer from diabeties.........."

They were my fav bits, if you remember you will know how funny they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man! Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man! Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man! Hi I'm Al Harrington, president and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error, I am now currently over-stocked on Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men, and I am passing the savings on to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

**elaine** wrote:
    So what did you think of the family guy movie?
    Personally, I was not pleased.

Thank god other people didn't like this either.
    I thought it was really boring and the only part I laughed at was the farting at the end because it was so patethic.

I was told it "gets better with a few watches" but I couldn't sit through all that boring crap again and waaaay to much of Stewie's ass as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Thought it was very poor tbh. Cynical cash in on Family Guy's name. Let the legend of the series down big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    I was told it "gets better with a few watches" but I couldn't sit through all that boring crap again
    Yeah was thinking of watching it again tonight, i'll see if it gets any better! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Some scenes were gold. It dragged badly for me though. I don't think it translated well into feature film format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

it was just a couple of episodes glues together!

shouldn't have been billed as a movie:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

I thought it was far too dragged out and long winded, the series are legendary but I was not impressed with the movie!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ah I liked it. It wasnt anything spectacular, which I think a movie should be btw, but it was fine. A good few laughs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It was good. Not great. Got it ages ago when it first came out! It's not a classic but there's some hilarious moments in it! It doesn't even matter, anything Stewie does is funny...

love the bit when Stewie and Brian are playing chess xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

I Really enjoyed it, but I think the series gives you a lot more laughs..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Meh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement