Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you watch TNA you're a retard...

• 29-12-2005 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

So says WWE Byte This host Todd Grisham.

I heard about it on PWInsider and it happens at the 51:08 minute mark.

A caller, at the end of his call, says "Oh and TNA is better than WWE" and Todd Grisham responds, "Then why are you calling our show, retard? Call TNA's show ... if they have one ... which I doubt. I think it airs, uh, Sunday night ... at 4am ... in Japan."

Hear it for yourself here

Pretty shocking seeing as they rarely if ever acknowledge TNA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Todd Grisham referring to someone as a retard. The phrase "Pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Can he legally call someone a retard live on air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is from PWInsider:
    After we posted on the site that the Byte This archive had a spot where Todd Grisham went off on a fan who said that TNA was better than WWE, WWE.com has edited the Byte This feed and now has a commercial for the Batista-Melina angle in its place. It only took a half hour for them to do so after we posted the item on it.

Hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

hang on, grisham didn't call him a retard for watching tna, he called him a retard for ringing up a wwe webcast and saying tna was better. there is a difference

though having seen monty browns matches i can see how someone could make the slip easily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

hang on, grisham didn't call him a retard for watching tna, he called him a retard for ringing up a wwe webcast and saying tna was better. there is a difference

though having seen monty browns matches i can see how someone could make the slip easily

damn....i thought that wwe would have had a delay on their live shows.......
    i think that todd did go a bit overboard by just calling the guy a "retard" on live tv...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Can he legally call someone a retard live on air?

Sounds like he could be leaving the company open to a libelous action? Slander at the least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

jerryadams wrote:
    Sounds like he could be leaving the company open to a libelous action? Slander at the least?

Unlikely, slander/libel revolves around whether you have lowered the average person's opinion of someone by what you have said. It's not very PC to say being retarded should make people think less of you. What Grisham has done however, is made the company look stupid and amateur, for that, he is open to being fired.

WWE is so twisted at the moment he'll probably get a raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Lol. WWE is getting scarily similar to WCW with each passing week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seems like Todd Grisham is suffering a backlash from TNA fans over his comments:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=15394&p=1

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It may be better for them to embrace some competition. Being the only big dog in the yard is simply making the shows ****, the wrestling poor etc. They seem to respond better to some competition. If i was Vince, i would be doing my ****ing best to start another Ratings War. It seems to me the only reasons they would be scared if TNA is that something in the product is worrying them.

Wolfs don't fear puppies after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Dragan wrote:
    It may be better for them to embrace some competition. Being the only big dog in the yard is simply making the shows ****, the wrestling poor etc. They seem to respond better to some competition. If i was Vince, i would be doing my ****ing best to start another Ratings War. It seems to me the only reasons they would be scared if TNA is that something in the product is worrying them.

Wolfs don't fear puppies after all.
    I couldn't have said it better my self, when WCW died it took WWE's creativity with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

to be honest he just made himself look like a dick.

indeed. i'd imagine he got a slap on the wrist for that one. it just promoted TNA and did the wwf a disservice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

julep wrote:
    indeed. i'd imagine he got a slap on the wrist for that one. it just promoted TNA and did the wwf a disservice.
    What's it got to do with the WWF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

FX Meister wrote:
    What's it got to do with the WWF?

Damn Pandas, give WWE back it's name.

i refuse to call it wwe. i don't recognise that name because the only reason they got it is because that damn charity had the backing of that halfwit who's married to queen whatsherface across the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't think he came off that bad.. Some idiot calls in, Todd slagged him. He's good at his job

• Advertisement

Stalfos wrote:
    Damn Pandas, give WWE back it's name.
    Was n't it the pandas name all the time? My only problem with them was for so long they had no problem with them using the trademark initals and then 1 day they just seem to woke up and seemed to say "We want it back now". Kinda weird I thought especially when it was about 18 months after that really hot period for wrestling. But they owned the name so thats really it.

As far as Todd go's, on his role with the Bottom line and shows like that which are really designed for kids, I think its a role he's perfect in.
    But if anyone heard him on the Benoit dvd doing the alternate commentary they would have heard a guy that was so far out of his depth, who did n't prepare properly and just continuosly made silly comments or asked dumb questions. He really was terrible.

I'll give him a chance but I think he's fast becoming the reincarnation of Todd Petingil. The wrestling world does not need another one of him.

I think it may just be down to the fact that he was brilliant with Kennedy on Byte This, and for that he gets my eternal support

Yeah, that is true about the WWF. They let WWE use those initials until they started expanding their marketing around the world, apparently

what ever became of todd pettingill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

julep wrote:
    what ever became of todd pettingill?

I've heard he's since worked as a radio dj, but i also heard he's actually worked in the music business and released cd's!

They have to be worst than the Macho Man rap record!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Todd wrote:
    "Then why are you calling our show, retard? Call TNA's show ... if they have one ... which I doubt. I think it airs, uh, Sunday night ... at 4am ... in Japan."

thats interesting, because TWC show TNA non stop and they do so without charging you stupid prices to sign to Sky Sports so European Wrestling fans cant see WWE normally without paying an arm and a leg.

I wouldnt say thats retarded, letting the fans watch free PPVs on a channel that comes free with a SKY Digibox.....

Todd should be fired for this one, idiot!

julep wrote:
    i refuse to call it wwe. i don't recognise that name because the only reason they got it is because that damn charity had the backing of that halfwit who's married to queen whatsherface across the water.
    You refuse to call if by it's proper name? You mongo. So do you still wear nappies and refuse to use the toilet too?

i've reported that post. not because you called me a mongo, whatever that is, but because you obviously watch todd grisham's version of TNA. also, i do wear nappies, but it's because of a bowel problem. i find your post to be highly insulting to all people with bowel trouble.

d-fens: i did a google search on pettingill a while back. i found one who does indeed work as a radio dj. wasn't sure if it was him though. i just didn't want to check one of those independant wrestling sites. you know the ones i'm talking about. the ones that hit you with 50 pop-up's that are pimping the crazy frog and talking smilies.

julep wrote:
    i just didn't want to check one of those independant wrestling sites. you know the ones i'm talking about. the ones that hit you with 50 pop-up's that are pimping the crazy frog and talking smilies.

Obsessed with Wrestling is fairly informative, and zero pop ups.

And straight from Obsessed With Wrestling:

1997: Todd Pettengill's contract expired with the WWF and he was replaced by Michael Cole..
    Todd Pettengill is the President of his own production company, Pettengill Productions Incorporated..
    Todd Pettengill hosts a morning show, "Scott & Todd", is a HUGE deal in New York City..

• Advertisement

julep wrote:
    you obviously watch todd grisham's version of TNA.

What's todd grisham's version of TNA? You don't make much sense. Are you ten years old?

I think you've done it again, lol

me?

FX Meister wrote:
    What's todd grisham's version of TNA? You don't make much sense. Are you ten years old?

i'm sorry if that subtle insult went over your head.
    surely you can do better that calling me a ten year old mongo.
    would it please you if i referred to the wwe as "the former fed"?

I've got a joke for you: what did Todd Grisham call the TNA fan?

we have a winner.

• Advertisement

Sorry man, ten year old playground insults go way over my head. It's been about 26 years since I've been there. Not really a WWE fan so maybe that's why I don't get it. I watch TNA and I kind of enjoy it. But then I do get paid to watch it.

ok. let me explain it to you.
    the title of the thread is "if you watch TNA you're a retard".
    the meaning behind the title was explained in the first post.

after you insulted me i inferred that you watched todd grisham's version of TNA.
    this was my subtle way of calling you a retard. your subsequent posts proved me correct.

BTW, i didn't report your post. i was just joking about that.

are you still angry about me calling the former fed by it's old name?

What? Jesus dude what are you on? The only person you make sense to is yourself. And maybe your imaginary friend.

FX Meister wrote:
    Not really a WWE fan so maybe that's why I don't get it. I watch TNA and I kind of enjoy it. But then I do get paid to watch it.

I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ oir get involved in this argument in any way, but who pays you to watch wrestling FX Meister?
    Sounds like my dream job...

FX Meister wrote:
    What? Jesus dude what are you on? The only person you make sense to is yourself. And maybe your imaginary friend.
    dude, go and argue with someone else. i'm not really interested in continuing this petty arguement. i don't post here to have silly internet fights with other people. you win. i'm a 10 year old mongo.

• Advertisement

Woo hoo.

Advertisement