Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless or not?

• 29-12-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

Im really sorry as this has probably been asked a million times before but could anyone tell me how I can check if my laptop has a Wi-Fi facility or not! I have an infra red port and tonight managed to send files from my phone to my laptop but I have a feeling that's not enough. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Darzinho wrote:
    Hi,

Im really sorry as this has probably been asked a million times before but could anyone tell me how I can check if my laptop has a Wi-Fi facility or not! I have an infra red port and tonight managed to send files from my phone to my laptop but I have a feeling that's not enough. Thanks in advance for the advice!

What brand or make is the laptop? Have you checked the manufacturer's website for the spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Darzinho

An Iqon purchased in December 2003. The specs for that model aren'ton the site anymore. Would I just need a wireless adapter in a WIFI spot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Darzinho wrote:
    An Iqon purchased in December 2003. The specs for that model aren'ton the site anymore. Would I just need a wireless adapter in a WIFI spot?

Yep should be grand but google for the full model name and number of your laptop just in case. the specs are probably out there somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Darzinho wrote:
    Hi,

Look on your physical laptop for references to WLAN. Laptops with built-in wireless normally have a switch to allow you to turn off wireless connectivity if not needed to save battery power.

You could also have a look in Network Connections under your control panel. If you have Wireless you'll see a connection there for it.

If you don't have it you can get a wireless network card either in PC-Card or USB form and you're sorted.

Advertisement