Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Drive Wireless Networking Problem

Options
  • 29-12-2005 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Prob an idiot thing... and I did google a good bit before posting :)

i got a new 320gb USB drive which I've connected to my PC (which is connect via a wireless g adaptor to a linksys wireless router) which is connected via a wireless g link to my pc.

The wireless network connections from the laptop to the pc (and vice versa) are fine - folder sharing and printer sharing etc. I've made the new USB drive sharing from the root of it, but I can't find it from the laptop. When I browse to the PC from the laptop I see all the other shared folders but no drive. I've also made a shortcut to the drive in a shared folder but it's unavailable when I try to access it.

Any ideas?

Laptop - XP home with NTFS drive
    PC - XP pro with 2 FAT32 drives
    USB drive is a toshiba and is NTFS
    Oh and there's no probs accessing it directly from the laptop.....

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Very bizarre, after a few restarts and a few hours the drive appeared in the network places of the laptop. But i still can't access it - error says "you might not have permission to use this network resource. Not enough server storage is available to process this command"...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

sorted.

I searched the error and found a reg fix :)

Advertisement