Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USb gain/vol

Options
  • 29-12-2005 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

would any teckie be able to tell me if there is any way to control the gain/volumn on a usb sound imput into a PC if it can not be set at sourse.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Cork

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

What USB device is it and how do you want the input boosted i.e output through comp speakers or input into a recording program?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

MultiMix 8USB
    I want to take basic tracks from my PA through the Alesis into PC. Even turning all gain down on the Alesis I am getting too much signal. As an example if I am running audio into the PC through Line In or Mike In and have too much Gain/Vol, it's just a matter of going to vol control and reducing Line In or Mic in. What i really want to do, (and have explained it badly), is to turn down imput through usb. I am a rookie with Cubase LE, which came with Alesis, but there seems no way of controling imput.
    thanks again
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Well im presuming you have tried reducing the master vol on the mixer, failing that is there any other knob on the back that controls output level (I once had a mixer that had a master volume on the front for all the inputs so they wouldnt clip and an output volume on the back for recording devices).

If thats all fine and your signals arent clipping the easiest solution I can think of would be to create a cubase template. Open cubase and set it up for recording, add all the audio tracks you need and change the volume on them accordingly (click the little speaker button on each track seperately to get audio activated for that track and play audio through the alesis so you can adjust the volume for each track). Then go to File -> Save as -> Template, and then when you open cubase you can open that template and all your audio levels should be adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Will try that thanks. As I said am a rookie with Cubase,
    Thanks
    Dave

Advertisement