Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invasion

• 29-12-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Just watched the first episode on TG4. Looks promising. I can already tell it will be very slow moving,but I don't really mind about that. The Wire and Carnivale are two of my favourite shows and they were very slow.

William Fichtner is freaky,didn't see it coming that he was actually an alien...or being controlled by aliens,not exactly sure what is going on yet.

I'll be watching next week anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Got the first two episodes of some 'american cousins' have to say they are pretty good, but as you say slow moving. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Don't get too attached, it's already been cancelled.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

John R wrote:

Thank god!
    I've watched all the episodes and its EXTREMELY slow moving, not very exciting to watch and the story has been done to death many times before.

think pod people etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

John R wrote:

Where did you see that? I've had a google around and can't find anything saying that. I know both Night Stalker and Threshold have been cancelled, but I've heard nothing about Invasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Invasion got a full season. (More)

Its not going anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

John R wrote:

You should probably check facts before you start saying stuff like that. It got picked up for a full season some time ago and its final fate won't be known until May/June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Oops. I read Invasion but was thinking Threshold.
    tvnutz wrote:
    You should probably check facts before you start saying stuff like that.

I did, and I still mis-read it. The effects of having no sleep I reckon. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye,I didn't bother watching Threshold,hate watching things that won't get a proper ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Am I the only one that liked Threshold?

Advertisement