Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investing as a student,Question about DIRT

Options
  • 29-12-2005 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at rabodirect just now, particularly the 3.2% savings account.
    Mu question is that if I was to invest some money into this account would I have to pay the full DIRT rate (20% ?) because I am only a student? Would the fact that I have a part-time job with an income of €244 a month or any summerwork I do make a difference?

Also, I might as well ask. What exactly is rabo bank like as a bank in regards reoutation etc. Has anyone ever had any bad experiences that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

AFAIK you have to pay DIRT no matter what. I still have a post office passbook thingy from when I was like 7 that shows "interest minus DIRT".

Rabo have a pretty decent rep and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them. The Rabobank Group is well established and well known. I can't vouch for their customer service though. Must open an account with them actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thanks WexCan

I am going to open a Rabo account and put in a few pound and see what happens.
    Chow

Advertisement